Tuesday, 7 October 2008

A couple of cards and 'The Beast'

Yesterday Tony's sister, Sam, passed her driving test first time, which was great news and therefore an excuse to get the papers and glue out.

The papers are BG Lilykate and the chipboard car is from Bubblyfunk. I really need to go looking at some sketches as I seem to be doing the same LO for cards all the time lately.


Lynne asked me to do a few Christmas cards for her to send this year and I did think about doing scalloped trees like before, but it involves so much faffing about getting the bottom scallops matching that I decided to go for the plain shape for speed. The paper is American Crafts again and I've printed the greeting using the new printer, known in these parts as 'The Beast' as it's so big!


I got the printer last week after my old one finally gave up on me. I decided to go for another all in one and spent ages trying to work out which one to have. This one has much better resolution than my last and the all important 'feed from the back' which my last one didn't and now means I can print onto any thickness card.

Here it is taking up far too much space on my desk, but I'll let it off. It also shows that the previous photos of this room looking tidy were actually a fluke (this is a tidy desk by the way)! Quentin's little brother has also been stuffed at last and is hiding from Chris Hoy.

11 comments:

Hazel said...

Glad you're pleased with your new printer - it looks great. Love the two cards. The chippie car is fab - and I love the layout of the card.

Janice said...

Lovely cards Kaz and your printer is HUGE!

Beth said...

I love both the cards Kaz, very effective indeed lovely. What a big printer you have too, woo hoo, hee hee. XX

Kitty said...

Lovely cards - as always. If the Beast does the job, then we shall forgive him his size. Printers seem to have minds of their own - they drive me nuts!

That desk is very tidy - I have those Ikea little drawer thingies too - fab, aren't they? x

Gez said...

Lovely cards Kaz. Love the BG paper, the car looks fab.
Nice looking printer Kaz :)

tracy said...

great cards kaz :)
my mil has that printer,not that she knows how to use it!!!!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Congrats to Sam - a great achievement. Wish her many safe driving hours out there.

Your craft space is far too tidy - not at all like mine!

Love the cards xx

Karen said...

Your beastie really lives up to his name Kaz. We were looking at that one the other day.

I am really liking your chrissy card. So simple yet veery effective. Great for making in batches XXX

Angelnorth said...

Two fab cards, love those spotty trees! Hope QLB isn't getting too settled in just there - he may have to move to a new home soon!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous cards Kaz - I love the little car!

That printer really is mahoosive! I hope it behaves and does everything you ask of it.

xxx

monkee maker said...

Oooh - I love love LOVE the christmas tree card .... they'd be my choice this year if you could just mass produce them on that fabulous new printer ....

Your work space looks great .... I'm not sure which I like best - the monkees or the cute storage. .... Ok, so I do know (obviously) .... but it's close!

:)