Thursday, 16 October 2008

A couple of cards and some good memories

It's been a bit quiet on the crafting front this week with just a couple of cards made, although I have been trying to work out how much crafty bits I need to make presents this year, which resulted in a delivery of lots of scrummy coloured bazzill card.


I had to make a couple of cards for birthdays, so I used the BG offbeat 6 x 6 papers that are scrummy and very funky. I printed the greetings off the pc.




I've got myself an external hard drive to back up my laptop to get rid of the piles of cd's and dvd's that are deposited around the flat, so I've had to put a load of photos back onto the laptop. I still hadn't put them on from when I had problems and the lappy had to go back earlier this year. I was expecting it to break down again so left them off. It's been great revisiting some old folders of memories, but I seem to have lost the photos of our holiday to Turkey last year. As I said, I have cd's all over the place so I'm just hoping I can find the right one. I'm sure I backed them up .... I hope so, but hopefully I can copy them off Lynne's pc if not.

So i thought I'd post a few photos of our holiday to Florida in 2004 that I've been looking through. Lynne, Andy, the girls, our parents, Andy's parents and Andy's nephew all went and, at the time, Andy's mum had recently had a knee op so there were two of us in chairs, which worked out well as we got fast tracked through the queues and occasionally got a second go on some of the rides!!

I pulled ........


I can't get over how young the kids look.

Andy and I swam with dolphins, which was fantastic at the time ...

... yes that's me, but I was under the impression that there was a large holding pen outside of where we did the swim for the dolphins. However, when I looked on google earth (yeah saddo I know), I couldn't see anything. So if there is a next time, I'd like it to be in the sea.

Andy took Rach and his nephew on a ride and I was lucky enough to catch them on this photo! They're on the third row.

And this last one is of us all (apart from me) with the mini bus we hired, after another hot and tiring day.

Fab memories.

9 comments:

Janice said...

Aww these are lovely, I went to Florida with my mum and dad and the boys (Brian stayed home with the cows) so it brought back some memories for me too.

tracy said...

lovely cards kaz :)
great piccies too,i love looking back on mine,but once you start.....

Hazel said...

Nice to see the photos - good memories for you to look back on - hope you find the Turkey ones. The cards look so classy. I see you've got some of the same comments as I've had.

Lesley said...

Great photos Kaz! Our two would love to go to Florida....one day we will, maybe!

I love that new Basic grey birdy paper and the cards are gorgeous!!

xxx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Will and I wanted to go to Florida this year, but neither of the kids wanted to :-(

One thing I have to point out darling..... the guy you pulled is green and has the most enormous bloody ears! rofpmsl xxx

Gez said...

I just luvre that birdie paper Kaz...you know me!
Fab photos! not sure about your date though :) That's a good pic of the moving ride. Well done.

Jane said...

Beautiful photos Kaz, I love looking back through mine too. Your cards are lovely. Jane x

Angelnorth said...

I suppose you'll be trying to convince us that your date had a GSOH, will you? :haha: Great photos, glad you had fun looking back at them. Lovely cards too, I especially like the second one and the birdies are very cute!

Kitty said...

Fabulous cards, and lovely photos - such special memories, I'm sure. x