Thursday, 9 October 2008

DCM little extra sketch

It's Lynne's last day as Art Editor at Mother and Baby mag tomorrow and as she's feeling nervous about going freelance I thought I'd do her a good luck card. Not that she needs luck, I know she'll be fine. She's good at her job and is one of the only people I know who really loves the work she does (I won't go into why she's leaving, but will just say ...things change.. ).

I've used the sketch on ~{ DCM }~ this week to help me out!

The paper is Basic Grey (of course) and bits and bobs from my stash.

The other thing I've finished is this door hanger for my friends son, whose card I blogged before. I've managed to use the same papers as on the card, although I'm running out of the circles one. I've used the backing card for a cuttlebug embossing folder as the base for strength and added bazzill card on either side. His name is in Maya Rd chipboard letters and I've cut the 'no entry' using cuttlebug alphas.


Thanks for looking.

12 comments:

Kitty said...

Thanks for showing us ;-)

Seriously lovely doings again there Missus. How do you make that 'edge' on things - where there is a line of colour and then tiny smudging to the inside? It's a fabulous effect.

Good luck to your sister - I hope she goes from strength to strength.

x

Lesley said...

You really do make the loveliest things Kaz!!
You've gone and dangled lovely Basic Grey papers in front of me and I have a yearning to buy some...just to look at and maybe stroke a bit....sorry, I'm getting weird - Basic Grey does that to me!!

Good Luck to Lynne in her new career :)

xxx

Hazel said...

Love that card, Kaz - I'm sure Lynne will love it - and hope all goes well for her as she goes freelance.

EllePiggo said...

Its a gorgeous pretty card and I'm sure Lynne will love it. :) Love the doorhanger too.

Thanks for taking part in the DCM little extra. :)

Vanessa.

Kaz said...

Kitty, it's just using an ink pad and dabbing very gently on the edge so the bulk of the ink goes on the edge itself and just a little goes on the front.

Karen said...

Lynn will love her card Kaz, its so pretty!

Gez said...

Lovely colours Kaz. I'm a BIG Basic Grey fan :) Love the 'no entry' letters on the hanger.
Hope everything works out for Lynne. X

Janice said...

More lovely stuff, the door hangers are sooo cool and the card is very :Kaz:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I hope Lynne loves going freelance - good luck to her! Great work as always Kaz! Lucy x

Angelnorth said...

Freelance is good! If she needs a proofreading partner anytime ;o) Best of luck to her and I'm sure she'll appreciate the card, it's fab! Great door hanger too, love your strips and circles!

esther said...

love the matching brad with the paper!

Kitty said...

Gentle dabbing? Hmmm ... it looks like there's more to it than that. It's a fabulous effect, anyway. xx