Friday, 17 October 2008

DCM - paint the town

This week is ~{ DCM's }~ second birthday and I can remember it starting up and being amazed at the fab cards produced. I didn't think I could produce anything up to posting quality, but eventually I just bit the bullet and went for it. I have to say that I have learnt so much from the blog, not only from the design team, but also from the people who regularly post their cards, and I am so grateful to everyone involved.

This week's dare is to make a card with painting on it. I would like to say I made 2 cards for the 2 years, but no, I have only just realised this could be the case.

The truth is, I'd already done part of the first card in the very early hours when I couldn't sleep. I've been playing with the glimmer mists and had sprayed some cream card with 3 colours. I then stamped this image onto it in toning ink. It's not clear on the photo, but trust me, it does glisten! I think it's a stampington stamp and I can't be arsed to get up and check!!



I've had a stamped image sat on my desk for a while and this one was my original thought for the dare. It's a penny black stamp (part of a big one) coloured with H2O's. The patterned paper is BG sultry.


We had our auction for Breast Cancer Care last weekend. I didn't win anything this time, but I did donate bits that sold. Take a look at ~{ Hazel's blog }~ to see where Ellie has gone to. Quentin's little brother is now called Mikey and has gone to live with ~{ Elaine }~ Check out her blog soon for photos of him settling in.

14 comments:

Janice said...

Yummy cards!

Kreativgeschwafel said...

both cards are so lovely!

Lythan said...

Ellie is just wonderful. She looks at home at Hazel's. And I love your cards. I am particularly impressed with your h2o painting. I can't get mine half as neat!

Gez said...

Lovely cards Kaz. Your painting is fabulous, nice piece of BG as well. x :o)

tracy said...

both lovely cards kaz :)

Pascalebrad said...

Both different styles but beautiful cards. Pascale :)

Ellen said...

nice cards, love the glimmermist background and the colouring with
h2o is neat

Kitty said...

As ever, beautiful cards. Do you use watercolour pencils for your 'colouring' or do you paint? x

Kaz said...

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone, it is always welcome! I cheat with the colouring and touch up the edges with a white pen if I go over!!!

Kitty, it's H2O's which are little pots of dry paint that you use like the paints at school by adding water and they have a lovely shimmer to them.

Kathy said...

Kaz, these cards are beautiful - I'm so pleased you join in with the dares, your cards are fab and so are all the other things you make. Plus, you always manage to make me smile

Karen said...

Lovely cards as always Kaz and now I know where I got the stamped angel from hee hee!!! I have made a card with her on lately, soon to go on my blog!!! X

Susan (Sue H) said...

I’m really pleased to hear that the DCM blog has managed to inspire you in one way or another Kaz.

Likewise, your cards always inspire me. I love reading your blog and admiring all your wonderful makes……this week’s card included.

Lesley said...

Ellie and Mikey both look very happy in their new homes!!

Gorgeous cards Kaz. I love that cute little hedgehog :)

xxx

Jane said...

Lovely cards Kaz, and the monkeys look very happy in their new homes Jane x