Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Dad if you look any further you are going to ruin your Christmas Pressie!!!!

I'm not sure if my dad reads my blog at all, but I wanted to blog what I've made him for Christmas as it took nearly all week to complete!

So just to make sure he doesn't see the photo should he find himself on here, I shall show you what I made for the ~{ BUBBLY SCRUMPTIOUS }~ blog this week, to fill up the space!

This is a chipboard keychain by Maya Road that I decorated mostly with Bazzill card and doodling. I always confess that I can't draw, so I went for the cartoon look that should appeal to children and stuck both eyes on one side.

A full description of how they were made is on the blog. It was really good fun to do and my fave one is the lion. He's looking perplexed as he wants to chase and eat the other animals.






I've made these calendars for pressies, more or less from scratch, which is what took so long.

They were made using a lot of distress stuff that I bought with my birthday money, chipboard, grungeboard, stamps, papers, brads, stickers and buttons. I made the calendar pages inside on excel a while ago in preparation, which in itself took about 2 days as it involved thinking!

Finally I used the BIA to complete them using the brass effect wires.

12 comments:

Karen said...

Lots of ooooo's and aahhhh's coming from Cornwall Kaz!!!! I bet you had fun with that maya rd stash!!! The calendars are just lush. Methinks I will make one for Jeremy XXX

Rosie (Freycob) said...

The tags are fab Kaz. The lion isn't scary though, I could cuddle him!

The calendars are a great idea for pressies!!

xx

Moogsmum said...

I love those little animals - especially that cute giraffe :-)

Your calendars are fab!

xxx

Kitty said...

As ever Kaz ... delicious makes. x

Angelnorth said...

I love those calendars, all the vintage detail is great and the way you used the grungeboard looks fab!

Janice said...

Yep, I agree a great calendar, no wonder it took you all week!

Kathy said...

I love what you've done with the keychain!

And as for the "other thing" (I won't say the words in case he's listneing....) well it's fabulous!

Karen said...

I have a little something for you on my blog , because you deserve it hon X

Hazel said...

Superb crafting - really special calendars

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Hey hun, there is something for you on my blog.

xxx

carolinejane said...

Love what you have done Kaz and I adore the keychain.....x

monkee maker said...

The keychain is fabulous .... it reminds me of the characters from the movie Madagascar! The lion on there had issues too.

:)