Friday, 7 November 2008

DCM ~ sparkle and bling

I wasn't going to be doing anything crafty today, so I don't know why I found myself drawn like a magnet to the ~{ DCM }~ site and then to my stash. Anyway I fiddled and faffed and this card just seemed to appear!




I've used BG sultry papers and a chip cupcake by riff raff that I got from ~{ Bubblyfunk }~ that I sprayed with glimmer mists and sprinkled with glitter. The button itself was already sparkly.



I finished sewing up this monkey yesterday that is for a Christmas pressie for a 2 year old so no googly eyes allowed. However, I feel the choking risk is far less than the risk of being completely freaked out by these eyes!!


I feel they still need working on!!

15 comments:

Kitty said...

:-O He/she/it has inadvertently sniffed something! Either that, or they are about to faint?

Aww, I'm sure whoever gets the manic-looking monkey will love it.

Love the card - very pretty. x

Lythan said...

Mum scrummy looking card. I wonder if the monkey's eyes need another spot of black in the middle? I do think your monkeys are fab :)

Janice said...

Reading Kitty's comment, I couldn't help singing 'Just another Manic Monkee' - yes, I have been drinking Kaz lol

Pascalebrad said...

I love this sparkly cupcake very cool. Pascale :)

Kathy said...

great card Kaz - the colours are fab.
As for Ms Monkey, well she's definitely been at something dubious.

Susan (Sue H) said...

Loving the sparkly cupcake Kaz and the papers you’ve used are so pretty.

Your little Monkeys always bring a smile to my face but I have to say……..I think this little Monkey had been sniffing the Staz-on!

Di said...

Fab card Kaz....as for the monkee, I'm off to hide under the covers...ha ha!!

Just cracked up at Janice's comment too.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love your Sparkle & Bling card and that Monkey is fabulous!

Karen said...

hahahahahahaha at your new monkee Kaz...she has certainly been a talking point!!! But I say she has personality hahahahahaha!!!! Love your sparkly bun there XXX

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Love the "manic monkey" singing! Poor monkey does look a bit bemused! Great colour though and lovely card too!!!

Lucy x

Hazel said...

Such a yummy card. Scary monkey (Ellie has had to look away!)

Angelnorth said...

I'd like to know how Gez knows that sniffing Staz-on has that effect?! Great sparkly cup cake, Kaz - the papers worked great for that design!

Jozza said...

Fab fabby card! The cupcake looks good enough to eat :o0

As for monkey - I SWEAR she is trying to hypnotise me!!!!

x

mamaluke said...

Aw, thats a lovely card, lurve the cup cake!

monkee maker said...

Ooh, yum, delicicous looking card, Kaz, but that monkee has serious eye issues! Maybe she's fallen into a trance or something.

;)

ps. I feel for you actually, it takes me back to some eye issues of my own, which is when I started using googlies.