Saturday, 3 January 2009

DCM - Giving Thanks

It's a bit of a bonus that the ~{ DCM }~ this week is to make thank you cards as that's all I've been up to! I really missed my papers and glue while at Lynne's, so I got stuck straight in when I got back. You can't beat a bit of cutting and sticking to help you ignore the crap can you?

I've actually cut into the swirly paper I got about 2+ years ago, otherwise it would just be sat there in the drawer. It's by Paper Adventure and has the glittery bits already on it. I kept it simple with just a flower and stamped greeting.




Before I went away to Lynne's, I'd been having a play with the distress inks, grungeboard and stamps and had a few bits laying about, so I decided to just bung them on a card blank and stamp the greeting to use them up! I've painted the grungeboard heart with rangers white acrylic dabber (my new found must-have), then stamped and edged it.

I've used part of a stampington flower stamp as a base and stamped the paperartsy swirl in the corners.



I'm going to be trying very hard to do some more dares and challenges than I managed in the last half of the year, but I have a feeling that'll go the same way as the resolution to try and keep the craft room tidy!!

12 comments:

Rosie (Freycob) said...

These two cards are lovely Kaz! I like that you can produce uncluttered cards that look good - I tend to throw loads on and hope for the best!

Happy New Year my sweets!

xx

Janice said...

There's that lovely stamp again! Both great cards, but not as nice as the one I've got!!!

Keep cutting & sticking Kaz.

Angelnorth said...

These look fab Kaz, love the muted colours, especially of the second one!

Kitty said...

As usual - totally wonderful cards. I so admire them. Keep up the good work.

My carefully tidied craft space needs tidying again :-(

x

Jane said...

Lovely cards Kaz, Jane x

Lythan said...

What absolutely gorgeous cards Kaz. That second one in particular is something very special

Hazel said...

Beautiful cards - love the delicate colouring on both of them - I especially like the stamping on the second one. Happy New Year. x

Susan (Sue H) said...

Two great cards Kaz.

I especially love the second card. The stamps you've used are beautiful and I love the effect of the distress ink.

Kathy said...

thanks for joining in the DCM's "Thanks" dare with that gorgeous little number and that second card is just beautiful too

Karen said...

Awe these are both so lovely Kaz XXX

Jozza said...

2 very very gorgeous cards there! x

Moogsmum said...

Beautiful cards Kaz - I love the flower stamp on the second one!

xxx