Thursday, 26 February 2009

2 sketches 4 you

I've been making stuff again. This time it's a card for Rach to send to Andy and Lynne to send too. I had every intention of taking a few bits to Rach so she could make it, but my poor little fish brain had forgotten to get organised. Still, she was quite happy for me to make it for her. I wanted something a bit funky as that is her nature so I went with Laura's sketch #20 on ~{ 2sketches4you }~


I've used star bright dotty dude paper by My Minds Eye, some American Craft thickers and an arrow and skull and crossbones grungeboard. The greeting is a pebbles inc rub on. The dotty strip is a Tim Holtz stamp.

Next I tackled Lynne's card. She prefers the clean, simple look cards so I used a very old sketch I have (sorry I have no idea where it came from so I cannot credit anyone).


The heart is Maya Rd chipboard stamped with part of a Tim Holtz stamp. The husband is from a clear stamps alphabet.

Thanks for stopping by xx

20 comments:

Kitty said...

Your cards are always so beautiful. More great work. Hope all is improving. xxx

~dawne said...

Both your cards are great & how sweet of you to make them for someone else to give.

Laura Davis said...

Oh this is so cute and very funky! I love it:)
Thanks for playing!
Laura

cheryln said...

love your cards!

Kathy said...

Great cards Kaz.

Love that dotty paper - I feel a shopping spree coming on, do you know how LONG it is since I had a parcel?????

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Love both the cards Kaz, but the manic staring eyes on that skull & crossbones - {{shiver}}

Hope Rach is doing well.
x

Karen said...

That skull card is so Rachel hehe!

Both brilliant and thank you for blogging again so soon X

Di said...

Good to see you finding time to craft and blog my lovely. Fabulous cards, loving the skull one ha ha!!

Janice said...

Aw they are great Kaz, I'm sure those cards will be really appreciated.

Angelnorth said...

Two fab cards! I always think that grungeboard skull looks kind of friendly! Love the turquoise and white of the second one and you know I like well-used white space!

Jane said...

Lovely cards. Jane x

Traceyr said...

Wonderful cards Kaz and well done on getting the lettering straight. When using an alphabet stamp I always get it wonky!! Lol


:)

Savitri said...

Super cute! Love the skull!!! The lettering look great! Nice job!!!

Gez said...

Fabby cards Kaz. Just love how you have postioned the skull! haha!!

I am the proud owner of one of your beautiful cards Kaz.

It has brought so much joy. Thank yoooou.

Lovely to hear Lucy is enjoying crafting. :)

Take care
Gez. XXX

Igotmebabe said...

Hey my little fish brain friend :)
Cool cards !
I have had a virus going on, its been blah but a e mail will be arriving in your inbox soon-ish when my fish brain remembers to send it.
Lots of Bug Hugs

carolinejane said...

Beautiful card Kaz....x

Hazel said...

They are both lovely cards - he's going to love them x

Ewonne said...

The first card is soooo cool and the second one is very stylish! Great both of them!!!

Lea L. said...

Cute cards!!! Great job with the sketches!

~Lea

Moogsmum said...

They're both lovely Kaz - I love the skull one!!
Hope all is going well :-)
xxx