Tuesday, 24 February 2009

A very very bad blogger.

It's been ages again hasn't it? Not only have I neglected my blog, I've neglected those that I like to have a nosey through. So please accept my apologies, I haven't purposely been ignoring you!!

My eldest niece, Rachel, who's 14, has sadly been very ill with anorexia following a rapid descent into it's grip. Lynne and Andy have done an unbelievable job of getting her out of the critical zone in about 5 weeks at home, which is no mean feat. Rach is now at an eating disorder unit and is doing well. The reason I'm telling you this? It's Eating Disorder Awareness Week. ED's are very poorly understood and are often poorly portrayed in the media. Anorexia not only puts the sufferer's life at risk, but it completely overturns normal family life for those closest to them. Something we didn't understand until we came into contact with it.

Andy's and our parents have been on a rota so there has always been someone else here to help, and I have practically moved in at the mo. Unfortunately, my contribution to helping is minimal due to the ME, but I have been feeding the bunnies and giving sisterly moral support and lots of cuddles to Lucy and Lynne. We have all been drinking tea for England!!!!

So, that's where I've been. I'm promising myself that tomorrow I shall be knocking on your blog's doors to catch up with the gossip. (Can't do it now as we are visiting Rach tonight and I need a quick snooze).

Now that Lucy is back at school, the house is quiet and I've been able to get my stash out without a certain little magpie delving into it!! Actually it's been fun making things with Lucy. She gets even messier than I do!!! She's been laughing at all the mistakes I make too. So I've had a bash at a couple of challenges.

The first one is the Basic Grey Challenges and its a colour combination challenge. I chose the blue and brown option as I need a card for Andy's b'day this week.

I've used papers from the BG Offbeat pack and a very old Whispers stamp.




The other is a sketch from Kathys Waffle Sketch File that I had a play around with.


I haven't a clue what papers they are, I think they might be My Mind's Eye. I have just noticed what a manky cream flower I have used!! WHat a cheapskate! I might get round to changing it next month!

Thanks for sticking with me in my abscence xx

19 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

What a terrible time you've all had. Sending you all lots of hugs. Lucy x

Karen said...

Awe sweetie, thanks for highlighting Eating Disorder Week. A lot of people just don't realise the toll they take on families. And of course there are so many different eating disorders too, not just the ones that spring to mind.

I love your cards, lovely clean lines XXX

BTW still waiting to see Lucy's creations hehe XXX

Traceyr said...

Brilliant makes there Kaz.

I didn't know it was Eating Disorder Awareness Week either.

:)

Angelnorth said...

I didn't realise it was EDA week either - it would explain the stuff on Radio 4 this morning though. Rach is getting such great support from you all, I know you can't do it for her but she's got a much better chance than if she didn't have that support.

Great cards! I think you should substitute "endearingly wonky" for "manky" and all will be well with the world!

Net said...

Lovely cards Kaz. I hope your niece continues to improve.

Di said...

Awww Kaz, sending you and your family hugs and best wishes. I didn't know it was EDA week either so thanks for the heads up.

Beautiful cards as always hun xx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

You've done a great job being there for your family Kaz. And a superb job of hightlight EDA week too.

Gorgeous cards. Did a mouse chew that cream flower?! haha!!!

xxx

Hazel said...

Thinking of you and the family at this time and praying that Rach will continue to improve. Please take care of yourself as well as others. The cards are lovely - I love the addition of the lace on the second one. x

Jane said...

Good to hear you are ok but sorry to hear that your family is having to cope with anorexia. Beautiful cards. I hope you all soon feel more less worried and that Rachel recovers fully. hugs Jane x

Kitty said...

*comes in and rugby tackles Kaz to the floor*

Oooh, I'm SO pleased to see you. Have a (((hug))). Sorry about all the crubbish stuff going on - you just don't know when stuff like this is going to 'hit' do you? :-( Good to hear that your niece is getting good support and help. You are all in my thoughts.

xxx

Kathy said...

Firstly, i want to let you know that your family are in my thoughts and I'm hoping that all the hard work you've been putting in will soon see Rachel well again.
I'm a great believer in craft as therapy and I'm sure that spending some time with your cardmaking has helped you (and Lucy) cope with everything.

The cards are both great, and I'm thrilled to see how that sketch looks so fab on all the cards people have made using it. Thanks for giving it a try

Rica said...

Beautiful cards. Love your BG one so clean and simple yet elegant great use of the papers and colours.
Thanks for joining in at BG

Wishing your niece, her family inc. yourself all the best. It's horrendous how an illness like this affects everyone around more deeply than people realize.
Healing hugs Heather xx

Moogsmum said...

Oh Kaz - I'm so sorry to hear you've all been going through such a horrible time. I am sure that with such wonderful family support your beautiful niece will make a good recovery. Wishing you all the very best.

Gorgeous cards - I love the colours on the second one.

So good to see you back :-)

xxx

Gez said...

Sending BIG hugs to you, Rachel & ALL your family Kaz. Hope the worst is behind you all now. Take care. ♥♥♥

Beautiful cards Kaz.

I didn't see any mankiness anywhere?? :)

Best Wishes
Gez. XXX

monkee maker said...

So sorry to read about your niece Kaz, I hope she'll be feeling better about herself, her body and food again soon.

As ever, gorgeous cards.

:)

Penny said...

Hi Kaz, just popping in to say hello. Sorry to hear about your neice , I do wish her better. It sounds like the whole family have a lot of support which is so good to hear.

I have just resubscribed to your blog as I haven't been getting my automatic updates for some reason!?

I'm not blogging right now but still enjoying making stuff!:)

Anonymous said...

Did you know that USA and Europe blocked Wikileaks? What do you think about it?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

[url=][/url]

Anonymous said...

, nude 130 stars, cqrezt, top nude celebrities, %-[[, topless 130 celebrities, 8DD, keeley hawes nude, 243154,