Thursday, 16 April 2009

Not another birthday book?

Well yes, actually, it is another one and I think I shall be making more, but I probably won't blog them now as it could get tedious. I'm blogging this one as it goes with this card for my ex-MIL's birthday. I say MIL, but I never married her son, although we were together for 12 years and she and I got on, and still do, very well.

I've used this week's sketch from ~{2sketches4you}~ for the card:



I've used MME papers, Hero Art swirl stamp, chipboard flower and prima flowers.


I've used the same paper and flowers, but this time used a grungeboard swirl that I've cut in half and painted it with acrylic dabbers.


For the inside, I've used the Hero Art stamp again to tie the two together.

Happy Thursday xxx


15 comments:

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Lurverleee book and card Kaz. I like the lace on them both, it goes so well with the colour combo.

xx

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Kaz...I think I prefer it to the other one!!! X

Hazel said...

The card and the book are absolutely gorgeous, Kaz- what a lucky lady to receive those x

Carol said...

what a gorgeous book and card - love those papers...xx

Janice said...

Yes, I like it best as well. How nice that you still get on with your ex 'MIL'

Angelnorth said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and the birthday book looks fab - lucky "MIL"! Great that you still get along, too!

Traceyr said...

Oooo Kaz peaches and strawberries spring to my mind when I see these colours. Fabulous card and stunning birthday book. I'm sure the recipient will love them. :)

~dawne said...

Great card & album...seems the even the album cover goes w/the sketch.

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful Kaz! Your Ex MIL will adore it! Kazan is out of town so I am taking over:) Thanks for playing! Laura

Jane said...

just lovely and so pretty. Jane x

Caroline said...

Gorgeous book Kaz...x

cheryln said...

gorgeous creations!!

Kitty said...

I think it's great that you and she still get on ... and great that you've made her such love stuff too. x

Kathy said...

Beautiful card and book Kaz - I love those colours and papers.

Savitri said...

How pretty!!!