Saturday, 2 May 2009

Confirmation card

This was a bit of a tricky card to do as it's for the Confirmation of Lynne's friend's son who is 14. I find teenage boys and men's cards quite tricky, like many I'm sure, but this was a whole new ball game!

I'm very lacking in religious crafting bits, so I made a simple cross out of grungeboard and went for a slightly funky style:


I've used MME paper and Maya Road Noah chippie letters (I love these soooo much), plus a good bit of doodling.
I'm not sure about it as I think the cross just looks 'bunged on' to me!! Lucy, however, said I had to blog it, soI couldn't argue!

7 comments:

Janice said...

Had to laugh at your 'lack of religious crafting bits' just what exactly did you have in mind? Nice card and very 'Kaz' in style.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Well I think it's fantastic! Especially considering what a difficult one it was to do.

Lucy x

(see - "Lucys" obviously agree on the important things!)

Angelnorth said...

I think it looks great (but agree wioth Janice - what the heck would "religious crafting bits" be? lol!). I like the subtle printing on the sentiment strip and the paper works well. If you took the cross off, the card wouldn't look right so I think that argues against it looking "bunged on" :o)

tracy said...

it's brill kaz :) i wouldn't know where to start with a confirmation card,well done :)

Kitty said...

I wouldn't have a clue where to even start with that sort of 'brief' but you've made a brilliant job of it. But then you always do. x

Rosie (Freycob) said...

I think the card is VERY fitting for a 14 year old boy Kaz.

x

Karen said...

This card is perfect for Sam...I hope he likes it X