Tuesday, 5 May 2009

This week I have mostly been making .........

...................... jewellery.

Over on ~{Bubbly Scrumptious}~, there is a monthly challenge beginning on the 1st Sunday of the month. This month it is to make a piece of jewellery. I made this bracelet for the challenge:



Some of us from the forum are going on a crafty retreat next Friday (wow it's coming round so quickly now) and I will be making this bracelet with them. I am soooo excited about this weekend away as I haven't been able to meet up with any of them before. Quite a few now have met up at the Craft Show's at the NEC, but I just couldn't manage that. However, a weekend staying in a fab place called ~{Toad Hall}~ , is much more up my street, especially as it has a ground floor room!! We intend to spread out over the huge dining room table and cut and stick!!

Anyhoo, I've made some jewellery for my contribution to Bubbly Scrumptious this week. I know that some crafters haven't got any jewellery supplies, so I wanted to show that anyone can make a piece with papercrafting bits and bobs.

So I made this necklace using 2 chipboard circles, some inkpads, a stamp and some glossy accents. Admittedly I have used a jump ring to put the suede through, but a thin bit of organza ribbon can be looped through the hole. I just didn't have any ribbon the right colour with me at Lynne's.

I then went on to make this necklace using jewellery stuff, but making it with a white chipboard label that was on a t-shirt I bought. I stamped it using part of a Tim Holtz stamp and a brilliance inkpad so it sparkles a bit through the glossy accents. I've been wearing it since I made it and it hasn't fallen apart yet!!!



Kaz xxxx

11 comments:

Karen said...

Fabbydoodly hon XXX

Angelnorth said...

These are fab, I love the chunky wire linky bits (technical term, wouldn't expect you to know it ;) between the beads on the bracelet. Great job with the papercrafting supplies, too!

Janice said...

I'm with Joanne on the chunky wire linky bit lol! Hope you are going to share the instructions with the rest of us after the retreat.

Carol said...

awww Kaz those pieces are gorgeous...that first piece is fantastic and I'm with Janice when she says I hope your going to share the instructions after the retreat...FAB xx

Traceyr said...

Brilliant pieces Kaz. But the retreat bracelet with all those links together looks very complicated I do hope you are patient with me. :)

Kitty said...

Cooo, you're a clever blogger aren't you? They're all brilliant ... hope you're going to do more jewellery in future? x

Jane said...

Wow beautiful jewellery Kaz I hope you have a lovely time at your crafty weekend. Jane x

Kathy said...

wow, Kaz - is there anything you can't make? these all look fabulous

Moogsmum said...

Ooh what lovely jewels - I love the bracelet and the papercrafted necklaces are fab - I hope you make more!!

Have a lovely time at your retreat, it sounds perfect :-)
xxxx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow, they are beautiful makes. Kim

tracy said...

lovely creations there kaz :)