Friday, 26 June 2009

DCM - Make a Child Smile.

This week's ~{DCM}~ is to Make a Child Smile, by making a card for a child from a website called ~{PostPals}~. This is a site that encourages people to send mail to children with long-term or terminal illnesses to cheer them up.

I fancied making a monster card so had a trawl through and I chose Ethan who has cystic fibrosis. When I looked for his age, I noticed it's his 8th birthday today!! So Happy Birthday Ethan!!


I've used BG Lime Rickey and bazzill card and drew and cut the monster by hand (did I tell you I failed art O level? Ha ha). I'm still at Lynne's and haven't got any alphabet stamps or letters so had to do the Boo by hand.

I've used a sketch by ~{I{heart}to stamp}~, even though I haven't stamped anything on it as my monster stamps are at home too.

Lucy was very interested in why I was sending a card to someone I didn't know and has decided she wants to do the same. If she makes a card, I shall blog it after the weekend as we have a wedding to go to tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by.

Kaz xx

12 comments:

Janice said...

Great card, I'm sure Ethan will love it. I hope Lucy comes through with a card too, that girl has a big heart. XXX

Angelnorth said...

Fab card, Kaz - love your monster and bright colours! Hope Lucy has fun making a card (excuse to use Aunty Kaz's stash?) too!

SueH said...

A scary looking monster Kaz….but then I suppose monsters are supposed to be scary so I think you get away with that one!

Your card is such fun and I love the bright colours and doodling.

Thanks for joining in with us this week; I’m sure that Ethan will love his card when it arrives.

Sue
x

Net said...

That is brilliant Kaz! I LOVE your monster.

tracy said...

he's lovely kaz :) i'm sure ethan will love him :)

Karen said...

hahaha love your monster honey! Somehow I knew you would use these papers. I am going to as well....brilliant card xxx

Saskia said...

GREAT card!!!!

Saskia :)

Rein said...

Fabulous card.

Traceyr said...

Wicked card Kaz. How did you get such a fab star shape too? Please don't tell me it was hand cut or I shall cry. lol :)

Vanessa said...

Fab and funky, love those bright colours. :)

Vanessa.

Jo said...

This is a brilliant card, love the little monster :)

jo x

Kathy said...

I love it! What a fab, fab card