Thursday, 9 July 2009

Brenda's birthday

What a surprise, I've made another birthday book for a gift. I'm getting a bit faster at making them now that I know what I'm doing. I've used a Paperbag Studio stamp from a set I treated myself to. I seem to have developed a bit of a habit for treating me and I say bugger it. So there.
The flowers are primas, with some metal flowers from Maya Rd that I got with this month's kit from Bubbly Funk. I've coloured them with alcohol ink (another treat) and next time I'm going to use a couple of really contrasting colours. I didn't want to go over the top with the stamp too.

Hopefully Bren will like it.


I've also made another card with one of the stamps from the set, but I can't show it as it's for one of the forum member's birthday this weekend.

The latest from Lynne's is that Mopsy is doing fine, which is a relief.

7 comments:

Karen said...

This is brilliant Kaz, I love the colourways you have chosen, very gentle & elegant sweetie XXX

Janice said...

What a great stamp, this is so beautiful. I love the colours.

Kathy said...

Yjis book looks so lovely in that shade of blue. What a great image that is too.
And you should "treat yourself" whenver you like - its a great habit and should be nurtured lol lol

Angelnorth said...

Great birthday book, love the image and the soft colours look fab, she'll love it!

Jane said...

Beautiful little book, Sorry to hear the sad news about bunny. jane x

Caroline said...

Beautiful book Kaz....x

Traceyr said...

If Bren doesn't like it Kaz - I'll give it a home! ;)

I'll have to investigate that stamp make - I haven't heard of them before and I think that stamp is rather lovely.