Saturday, 18 July 2009

Something Completely Different

This week's ~{SCD}~ challenge is still to make a postcard, but this week it's in the teal and brown colourway. I did think of using an image I'd found on one of the blogs I'd mentioned before, but decided not to as I've done a lot of vintagey styles lately and fancied having a change of style. ~{Janice}~ used the same image though, so go have a peep at her lovely postcard.

I've used a KIMemories tag I've had for ages and recently discovered again (don't you just love it when that happens?) and some scraps and blooms. I have a feeling the stamp was a freebie from somewhere, but can't remember where. It has a dragonfly on it too. I had to have a bit of white in there though! I've stuck the finished postcard onto a card blank.


Seeing as it's Saturday, I can reveal the whole card for last week's ~{Rosie_Dee's}~ Wedding theme. The music paper is a freebie from ~{Craft Stamper}~ and I've inked a grungeboard heart that I hand cut. The word tiles are making memories bargains from ebay and I printed the message from the computer.


Don't forget that there's a new R_D challenge tomorrow evening so I'll be posting another sneaky peek then.

Kaz xx

11 comments:

Kathy said...

These are both fab, Kaz, but the wedding card is my fave - I love what you've done here

Janice said...

Your wedding card is just stunning, any couple would love to receive that card (the girls would anyway lol). Definitely a 'Kaz' stylee postcard, it would have been nice to see what you did with the image I used, but good to see a modern design too.

Carol said...

what a fab postcard - love those big flowers...

love the wedding card those word tiles look fab incorporated like that.

thanks for joining us at SCD this week xx

Karen said...

A brilliant take on the SCD theme, love the big flower!

Your wedding card is so lush!!! XXX

Gez said...

Love your postcard Kaz. Thanks for playing...xx

Fabby wedding card. Love the colours. Can't wait to see what your next sneak peek will be...

Traceyr said...

Brilliant cards Kaz. Wonderful colourways.

:)

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

I love the card with the heart! TFP!

June said...

Oh I love both of these and especially your cherish wedding card. Thats so beautiful
Hugs June x

Dawn said...

Gorgeous - love the layering and the papers look great..

Thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

Ang said...

You have been busy !! love your postcard. The flower colour combo looks great. Thank you for joining us this week at SCD

shelly said...

oh this is just lovely...tfs shelly