Sunday, 9 August 2009

A bit of a round-up

I've had a couple of RAK's this week from my lovely forum friends. First of all, when I got home from Lynne's, I had this mysterious anonymous package containing an inchie cube. Some of the girls on the forum have taken part in the swap, but I hadn't as I knew I'd never get it done in time, so why did I get sent one?

Well it turns out that the lovely ~{Gez}~ had seen my comment saying how much I liked them and wished I had taken part, so she decided to make me one. Thanks Gez, it's gorgeous and is hanging on the wall thingy in my craft room. Here's the inchie cube:



The other RAK came from ~{Janice}~ (also lovely) who had sent me some stamped images of a saxophone, but not only that, she sent me this lovely card of a photo taken on her farm:



I had mentioned how envious I was of the beautiful scenery she has where she lives, so she kindly sent me some of it to look at. It's now on my desk thanks Janice.


This weekend sees the launch of the weekly challenges on ~{Bubbly Scrumptious}~ and I am on the DT for those too. This week's challenge, that I was a little bit late for (whoops) is to use pins or a pin on something. I wanted to make a voodoo doll of Tony and stick pins in it, but just didn't have the time so I had to just make this notebook instead! Shame! Anyhoo, I went over to the blog to see what the others had done, only to see that ~{Kirsty Wisemen}~ is on the DT!!! No pressure on me then!!

I've made this notebook for me, using some MME papers I have been saving for myself as I like them too much to give away (selfish moo), to keep a track on my weight and what I'm eating. I've put on rather a lot of weight this year and am almost back to the heaviest I've been again. It's not surprising I guess as there's been a lot of comfort eating going on, but there is good news on the Rach front as she has reached the lower level of the normal weight for her height. She now has to maintain her weight in order for her body to get back to normal again, so it's not over for her by a long shot, but she has put in an enormous effort to carry on eating whilst the anorexia tells her to stop. We're all very proud of her as it can't have been easy.

I bought the pins used from the haberdashers near to Lynne's and they are plain white, so I coloured them using alcohol inks then added some beads and spacers and gave them a dab of glossy accents to keep them at the top of the pin.




Finally here is a sneaky peek of the project for ~{Rosie-Dee's}~ this week. The theme is still 'holidays', but this week the title is 'on the beach'. I've made a beach bag and you can see it in full by clicking on the above link.


Thanks for stopping by and sticking with me as I ramble!!

K xx

5 comments:

Janice said...

Aw, glad you liked the card Kaz. Brian thought it looked great on your blog. He had seen it on mine but said it looked better framed! Loving your funky beach bag :)

Karen said...

Awe aren't forum buddies just the best??? I love your little cube you got!!! I still smile at the cow meeting the horse haha

Your beach bag is brilliant by the way XXX

tracy said...

you have been spoilt kaz :)
good news for rach too-she has done really well :)
loving that bag too :)

Angelnorth said...

You ramble away, sweetie - fine by us! Love the inchie cube and that photo of Janice's is enough to raise a smile anytime! Your beach bag looks very funky and roomy!

Gez said...

Awe Kaz, your post has brought a tear to my eye. Well Done to Rach & all of you for supporting her.XXX

Never thought you'd blog the cube Kaz!! You've done a great job sticking it all together. Think the loop at the top could've done to be a bit longer! sorry.xx

Janice was lovely to send you a photo. What a lovely surprise for you. Enjoy.xx

Another challenge blog Kaz!!! hehe...have fun.xx

Great sneak peak. You know we need to know what book is in your bag!!

Take care. Gez.xx