Sunday, 16 August 2009

BS Dry Embossing

It's our second week of weekly challenges over on the new ~{Bubbly Scrumptious Challenge Blog}~ and this week is dry embossing, so I dug out the cuttlebug folders that have hardly seen the light of day lately. It's my own fault I've not used them as it seems so much of an effort to get them out of their storage. I really am too lazy for my own good, that's why I've been resorting to rub on greetings too. I'd only have to clean the stamps and get the ink pads out!!

Once I get this storage sorted though I have promised myself to be better, especially when it comes to putting something in the middle of the cards. I have a pile of them waiting for the greetings. I love doing the fronts of cards, but find the whole greeting bit dull and usually wait until there's lots and have a mad stamping session.

Anyhooo I'm rambling yet again, so here's my card I made for the challenge.




Here's the sneaky peek for this week's DT over on ~{Rosie-Dee's}~. I made it at the same time as doing my canvas (that I am keeping and is in my bedroom now). The theme is 'sun' so I've used this stamp and glossy accented parts of it. You'll have to click on the link above to view the whole thing.

I've made a journal for Lucy, who is here this week, spending time with both sets of grandparents and then me at the end of the week. I put blank paper in it so she can write, draw or stick photos in it to have a little holiday memory book. I gave it to her yesterday and she really liked it, so that was a bonus!




We have crafty things planned for when she is here, so I have the next few days to hide the good stuff!!! As she will be here Friday, I'm going to make her a house template so she can make one for herself.

Finally, on this mad ramble, I decided that the angel on my canvas needed a crown:

6 comments:

Janice said...

I love your card, it is so PINK!, That crown is really the finishing touch to your canvas, of course I wear mine every day lol!

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, I have evidence that Janice is lying - there was no crown in evidence when she visited me (perhaps she thought it would embarrass me?!). Love embossed card, Kaz! Have fun with Lucy!

Net said...

Love that journal Kaz - if I come and stay do I get one?

tracy said...

thats a beautiful card kaz :)

Karen said...

Such a beautiful card Kaz. I adore the journal that you have made Lucy...I hope she fills it with lots of lovely thoughts & crafting.

Oh and your crown is perfect XXX

Kathy said...

These are all fantastic, Kaz.
You're cooking on gas atm, aren't you? lol