Saturday, 15 August 2009

DCM and SCD

I've done a couple of challenges yesterday and today and that can only be down to the lovely ~{Kathy}~ setting a nice and easy topic for this weeks ~{DCM}~ and that is 'Lace'.

I went for a nice and easy card too! The black and white paper is by Autumn Leaves I think. I threaded some black crochet cotton through some lace and gathered it together to make a flower. And that's about it.



Yesterday I made another house for ~{Something Completely Different}~and their theme this week is flowers. I went for the BG Lemonade papers as they are gorgeous. The roof this week is a corner rounder punch with the thingy taken off as the heart punch didn't work out for this size house.


The windows and doors are glossy accented and I thought I'd put the Universal Craft Size Gauge into one shot to show that it does comply to the rules!


13 comments:

Gez said...

Lovely card Kaz. It looks so clean & classy. Love your flower!

Mmm your house is scrummy looking. I got the new papers the other day but haven't cut into them yet!!! Thanks for joining us again this week.

lol your Universal Craft Size Gauge Kaz!! I wondered where it had gone! hehe...xx

Karen said...

hahahahahaha at your measuring gauge...I reckon Gez should have patented it after all!!!!

Awe Kaz...your house is beautiful...I just wouldn't have a clue where to start on 3d stuff like that!!!

Your DCM card is gorgeous and I love what you have done with the lace XXX

Angelnorth said...

The gathered lace looks fab for the flower on your super-stylish DCM card and how adorably dinky is that little house?! Thanks for the pic with the universal craft gauge, it seems much bigger in the pic on its own!

tracy said...

love the black and white card kaz and that house is adorable :)

Carol said...

Kaz what a gorgeous card - love the black and white...

What an adorable house they are brill 3d!! great gauge too!! lolxx

thank you for joining us at SCD this week...xx

Traceyr said...

Clever you making the flower from some lace.

That little house is wonderful you are getting very good at making these pixie houses. :)

Janice said...

Oh looks at your little housie - awww! Bet Lucy wants it lol!

Love your b&w card, very sophisticated Missus!

Paula said...

Beautiful card & I totally love that house :)

mamaluke said...

Your card and house are lovely! Just looked at the pic of your workspace, so relieved that I'm not the only untidy crafter! ;)

Saskia said...

The card is so beautiful and elegant!

The house.... GORGEOUS!!!! Wow, wow!!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Caroline said...

Lovely little house Kaz and the size gauge is very useful, lol. The house would seem so much bigger without that there.

Dawn said...

wow it's stunning wish I was ickle so I could take a look inside!!! LOL

thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

Kathy said...

Love the card - very oh la la!
You've reminded my that I intended to make a lace flower - totally and utterly forgot till I saw yours!

Your little house is adorable are you going to fill it up with sweeties?