Monday, 31 August 2009

Happy Birthday Rach!

Today is my niece's 15th birthday, and we are having a little family do, although it's without Lucy as she's at Brownie camp.

I'm so glad we can do it as it was a close call at the beginning of the year for her. I don't like to think back to those early weeks too much as it was pretty awful, but thank goodness they are now a memory.

Rach is now back to her beautiful self, although she still has a way to go to silence the anorexia completely. I think I may offer to eat her slice of birthday cake though!!! Cake is still difficult for her, but we make a joke about things like that now.

So here's the card and gift wallet I made for her:


I bought the Stampotique stamp especially for her birthday as it is so her; quirky and feminine grungey. The paper is a very old Heidi Grace one that is perfect as she wears a lot of purple and black. I added a bit of colour to the stamp with copics.

The card is for this week's challenge on ~{Bubbly Scrumptious Challenge Blog}~ which is spotty and dotty, and uses last week's sketch from 2Sketches4you.

10 comments:

Carol said...

gorgeous card and gift tag Kaz and a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Rachel! hope she has a fab day and you all have a great party xx

Hazel said...

What a super stamp - and love what you've done with it. Wishing Rach a very Happy Birthday - hope you all have a good time (including the cake) x

Janice said...

Perfect for a 15 year old. Happy Birthday to Rach and tell her not to let you eat too much cake!!!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! Great card!

Lucy x

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Happy birthday Rach! Make sure Aunty Kaz doesn't scoff too much cake, she'll only moan about her bum size otherwise! HAHA!

x

Net said...

That's a beautiful card Kaz - I LURVE that stamp!

Traceyr said...

Happy Birthday Rachel. What a fab card -love those stamps just right for younger peeps.

Enjoy yourselves.

:)

Karen said...

Oh I just adore this card & its so perfect for Rach! Please wish her a Happy Birthday from me too XXX

Wipso said...

Im fairly new to blogging and have only just found your blog but wanted to say how lovely it is. Hope you don't mind me dropping in from time to time for inspiration. A x

Gez said...

BELATED.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACH.XXX

Lovely card Kaz. I think those stamps are great. I keep meaning to get one. Sure they are on my wish list somewhere! Love the colours on your card & wallet.xx