Monday, 24 August 2009

It's another double challenge post

This week's ~{DCM}~ , which is to make an anniversary card, worked out as brilliant timing as I have a couple of wedding anniversaries next week. That's on top of the glut of birthdays this and early next month too. I have felt really bogged down with so much on the 'to do' list, so I've trimmed it down and told mum she will have to buy her cards!!

So I made this one today using some paper by some manufacturer that I can't remember!! A bit of stitching, fired brick distress ink, chippie heart and some frilly ribbon that I coloured slightly with the ink.





Meanwhile, on ~{SCD}~ the challenge is still houses, but this week it has to incorporate text. I started this last week with Lucy, but only finished it today. Lucy went home Friday armed with her house, some pens and stickers and a half finished house. She then proudly told me on Saturday she had finished and it was great and I was very slow!!

She was concerned that the pixies couldn't actually use the houses I'd made, due to my lack of expertise, so she has got working doors, windows and 2 stories. I shall take a photo when I go there next week to show you as it was looking good before she went.

So, this week, I have a door that actually opens! And that's as far as it goes!! Sorry Lucy, but the pixies will have to sort it out themselves. It's their own fault for hiding my things and messing up my craft stuff.

I've gone back to the distress inks and stamping this week as I am loving them with a passion at the mo. The roof stamp is by Tim as is the text on the side - love that phrase. The other stamps are by studio g.





I went for the full height allowed, 5 inches, to allow more of them to have a home! I also could resist it no longer and did a little bit of doodling.

I'm looking forward to next week and it'll be a shame as it's the last week of houses.

12 comments:

Net said...

Fab house Kaz - when can I move in?

Anesha said...

Wonderful house, love the beautiful colours. Great card as well. Anesha

Angelnorth said...

Lovely anniversary card - the chippie heart looks fab! Love the latest pixie residence too - I hope you are charging a fair rent?

Saskia said...

Wow! You've been very creative! The card is so unique and beautiful! And the little house... just fab!!!

Saskia :)

Carol said...

Kaz what a gorgeous house - I love the way they pixies can make it their own xx

Can't wait to see Lucy's too - bet its fab!

Although next week is our last week of houses I'm sure that you'll love the next challenge we've set for you xx

Thank you for joining us at SCD xx

Kathy said...

Lovely, lovely anniversary card, Kaz, love the colours and the stitching is really effective.

Your little house is just perfect!

SueH said...

What a fab card Kaz!
I love the colours and the little heart sets it off perfectly.
I love the little house too.......I think it’s bigger than my flat. Lol!

Thanks for ‘daring' to join in this week.
Sue
x

Karen said...

Oh Kaz...that card is outstanding!!! I just love it!!!

Your little pixies now have a row of houses to live in..... alll beautiful. Are we going to see these altogether after next week......perlease :) XXX

margaret said...

Fantastic House Kaz. xx

Dawn said...

Wheeee it's Gorjussss!! I love the rainbow colours - great job

thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

Elizabeth Golden said...

First of all I really like the card you made. Second all of your houses are great! Each one so different, the last rainbowish one is a delight!

Janice said...

Well I think you have created something and someone really special there Kaz XXX