Thursday, 13 August 2009

My first collagey canvas

I have enjoyed making this (and a similar one) sooooo much over the last couple of days. You name it and it's probably on here as I've used loads of stuff and techniques. I just had a rough idea of what I wanted to do and then made it up as I went along.

As you saw in the last post, I had just about everything out on my desk and just faffed about adding bits. I've gradually put most of it away now so the desk is clearer ready to get messy again tomorrow.

This is only a small one to start with, about 4 x 7 inchies I guess. It started out as a pair of canvas covers for the BIA. You'll have to wait till Sunday to see the other one as it's not finished yet.


The freebie image came from ~{The Last Door Down The Hall}~.
The quote came from a freebie quote site that I didn't take down. I did print out the name of the person who said it to put on it, but as I'd printed that smaller, I lost it in the carnage!!

K xx

7 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Looks fab Kaz! Love the little cogs for flower centres (I have some of those out on my desk for a project that hiccuped earlier!) and that pen nib border looks great. Glad you had fun with your first canvas, look forward to seeing the next one!

Janice said...

This is just great Kaz, I really really like it. Looks like it was worth getting covered in glimmer mist!

Traceyr said...

Flowery pastel shades and what a stunning fence effect the pen nibs have. The glossy flowers with the metal cogs are fantastic.

You have achieved a stunning piece of artwork here Kaz - now where are you going to hang it?

:)

Karen said...

OMG THATS AMAZING!!!! I absolutely love everything about it Kaz!!! If you can't find a space for it I can hehe XXX

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness Kaz, this is simply beautiful, I adore the colours of the background and the whole thing is stunning. You are one clever lady

Igotmebabe said...

Been catching up with all your doings, all very very nice :) I think a phone call is needed soon, after you and Lucy have stopped cutting and pasting :)
Lots of Bug Hugs
xxxxx

Gez said...

FANTASTIC KAZ.XXX

You are very clever honey to make such a beautiful piece of art work. Can't wait to see your next one!

Everything about your canvas is awesome! Are you going to get to keep it tho!!