Monday, 10 August 2009

Something Completely Different - wk 13

The challenge for August over on ~{SCD}~ is to make houses, with this weeks theme being love and romance. After receiving the inchie cube, I thought I'd make a little 3D house with the aim of doing the other weeks the same. There is a reason for this. I thought if I made some houses, the pixies might want to live there and hopefully they'd be happy and not keep moving my stash or making the craft room so untidy!! You should see what they did to it while I was at Lynne's!

I had a bit of a go at making a template from card and coloured it with distress inks (loving the hot colour combies at the mo). I cut a door, but there was a bit of a design fault (what a surprise) as the flap that holds the bottom in place shows if the door is open, so it's been closed again!

I cut the heart by hand to get the size right and stamped that and the circle with a Paperartsy stamp.




The hearts and swirls at the base are from some Basic Grey stamps, as is the big text heart that is on the reverse.


The roof is made from a heart punch used on some MME papers.

If you're thinking' 'that house looks a bit twisted', please refer back to the title of my blog!!

14 comments:

Karen said...

OOOOOOHHHHH!!!!! This is amazing Kaz!!! I love it ALL!!! Perhaps some Cornish pixies should come for a visit hahaha XXX

Anesha said...

This is such a pretty little house, hope your pixies like it so they leave your stuff alone! :-) Love the colours and the hearts as the house top.
Thanks for the comment on mine. Anesha

Gez said...

Faberooney Kaz. Just like your blog.xx

Love the hot colours too. I was wondering how you made the roof! Very clever.xx

Thanks for joining us this week. Gez.xx

Off to look at your last blog post I've just seen my name!! haha!

Carol said...

what a gorgeous house - loving the colours and that roof!! fab!
Thank you for joining us this week Kaz - xx

Janice said...

This is just so lovely, Kaz. When can I move in?

Dezinaworld said...

Hi Kaz, that roof is awesome !!! Love the whole design though and some of my fave colours too. brilliant !!!!!!!
June x

Angelnorth said...

Fab little house, love the heart roof tiles and if you hadn't said there was a design fault we'd never have known. We could just settle on estate agent speak and call it "characterful", I guess!

Traceyr said...

I'd like to live in a house like that Kaz. Can I move in?

Just my colour and size. haha

:)

Net said...

Fabberooney Kaz!

Dawn said...

Wowee this is just STUNNING

Love it and the stamps and colours are gorgeous

thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

Kristen said...

What a great take on the challenge!!! This is too cool and WAY fun!!!

Meikoningin said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D It is totally gorgeous ! Pretty colours :)

Caroline said...

Thats lovely Kaz and I love the colours...x

Kit said...

this is lovely