Friday, 28 August 2009

Something Completely Different - birdhouse

This is the last week for houses on Something Completely Different, which I am sad about as I have loved making these. The theme for this week is 'Birdhouse'. Now I don't know if the pixies have really teeny tiny birds or not, so I've decided to get my own back on those naughty little hidey pixies and give them birds the size of pterodactyls, although they are not so scary to look at.


I've used distress inks again and my new crafty individuals flourish stamp that I have wanted for ages and gave in to this week (not like me to hold back on buying craft stuff is it?). I stamped the flourish with stazon.

The bird stamp is one I've had for a while and I think it may be a stamps away one, but not sure. I gave the birds a hefty dose of glossy accents. Well, one of them ended up with a fingerprint in it somehow (how does that happen?), so I gave it another coat and left it to dry. When I got back to it, I discovered I'd used crackle accents instead! So had to make another, but let's face it, it's not me if I don't make at least one cock up per project.

The roof is MME paper and the pointy swirly stamp is by paperartsy. I think that covers the ingredients. Oh I just have to mention to Lucy that look Auntie Kaz has decorated the inside this week!!



Finally, just for Karen, here are all of the houses made this month together.

Thanks for coming to have a peek xx.

11 comments:

Anesha said...

Stunning house, love the scroll you used. All four houses are amazing. Anesha

Janice said...

They look fantastic Kaz. Love the birdie one with the big swirly thing.

Carol said...

what a fab steet of houses Kaz they look fantastic!! This weeks is lush (my ga too has a fingerprint! lol but its covered by my bird!! lolxx)
Thank you for joining us this week xx

Karen said...

hahahaha THATS GORGEOUS Kaz!!!! I love the blending...very pretty!!! Perhaps you should have stuck the 'crackled' bird inside....he could have been a bit 'crazed' after a night out hahahaha

Thank you for showing the street. They look lovely together. I hope you have a little shelf that you can keep them on. HUGS XXX

Limar said...

Love your houses, they are adorable :)

Dawn said...

Another stunner Kaz - I love those houses - You have quite a street goining on there!

thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

Traceyr said...

wow what a great street.

The finger marks come from you poking too soon Kaz. ;) let it dry like I do. hahahaha

CLARE said...

Brilliant, I love the swirl stamp you've used on the birdhouse. They make a fab little mini Village.

Gez said...

WOW~WEE... Kaz fab birdhouse & don't they look great altogether. Thanks for playing.XXX

I will miss seeing more of your beautiful houses. Gez.xx

Laura said...

Great bird houses and colours.

Sam said...

I just love those little houses - they look utterly fabulous!