Saturday, 19 September 2009

DCM - Shabby Chic

This morning I decided I'd do this week's DCM which is to make a Shabby Chic card, so I sat myself down and got going, which is all good, until I decided I didn't like what I was doing/used lace that was too big/stuck the lace on too high etc etc. So I ended up with the hump and a headache as what I planned just didn't happen.

I went back to it later on and had another fiddle and this was the end result. I'm still not 100% with it and I don't know why, but there you go.





The paper is MME, prima flowers, stamps and beads and gems etc from my stash.

Actually, the card I've done for tomorrow's Bubbly Scrumptious Challenge is a better one, so I'll blog that tomorrow.

10 comments:

Hazel said...

What's not to like about that? It's gorgeous! And I spy some stitching - a lot of effort has gone into this card and the end result shows it was well worth it x

Lynda said...

Your card is beautiful and I love all the extra special details you've added.

Lynda xxx

Janice said...

Lovely card kaz. Such subtle colours.

tracy said...

i love it kaz:)

Wipso said...

I just love the card. It's in my fav colour so why wouldn't I? :-) A x

Angelnorth said...

Shabby chic with a dash of glam - this looks fab Kaz! Beautiful colours and I love all the little eclectic detailing, fab stuff!

SueH said...

I can’t think why you’d not be happy with that card Kaz, it’s beautiful.
I love the colours and the bling but best of all are the pins with the beads and heart on, they finish off the card perfectly.

Sue
x

Karen said...

I can't see what wrong with it either my lovely....its perfect XXX

Kathy said...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this Kaz, it looks fab. lace, ribbons, flowers and a beaded pin - what else could you possible add

Gez said...

Kaz it's fabulous.xx Love the colours & all the different elements work so well together.xx