Monday, 7 September 2009

Happy Birthday Lynne

Today it's my sister's birthday, so I've been busy creating a couple of cards for her, one from me and one from mum and dad. Lynne has had a very tough year, as many of you know, and it is still carrying on that way for the foreseeable future. I am proud of the way she has managed so far, even if she can't see it herself at times.

It's a strange thing to say but, despite the difficulties, I have enjoyed spending more time than usual with her and her family. I haven't been able to help as much as I wanted, but I've done what I can. I just wish I could move to be nearer to them all, but I just can't afford it.

Anyhoo, here's the bits I made for her:

I recently bought some of Tim's discontinued stamps and Karen told me to ink card with distress inks, then stamp using the same ink. Oooo it turned out fab, thanks Karen and I used this as the base for the card and tag with broken china ink - my fave at the mo. One of the pins on the card was clear, so I coloured it with pool alcohol ink, then just some beads, flowers and ribbon finished it off.



For mum and dad's card, I used grungeboard mini wings and hearts and a prima flower. The wings have been inked, then stamped and edged, all with versamagic inkpads. I used cinnamon glimmer mist on the hearts, then used some of Tim's rock candy crackle paint and inked the edge. The stitching is a stamp. Originally, I had printed the greeting directly onto the card blank. However, can you tell there's a cock up about to be revealed yet again? I was reheating some curry as I stuck the hearts on, which happened to be the very last bit I did, and must have got some on my cuff (how?????) and left a lovely orangey smudge on the card!!! I did have a little swear to myself. So, I started again and put the greeting on some silicone glue!!


10 comments:

tracy said...

they are beautiful kaz :)

Sue said...

Lovely Kaz, especially the colour on the sister card.
I hope your sister enjoys her day.
Sue x

Karen said...

Oh Kaz...what a muckworm you are hahahaha!!! I am glad you like the DI stamping.....that stamp looks great done like that doesn't it? That blue is one of my faves too.

Both of these cards are stunning my lovely. Wish Lynne a happy birthday for me XXX

Wipso said...

How pretty. I'm a turquoise girl too so the top one is my fav. A x

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Happy Birthday to Lynne!

Fabuloso cards you made for her chick! Luv 'em!

xxx

Anesha said...

Beautiful cards, your sister will love the one for her. Really like the impact of the second one. Anesha :-)

Janice said...

I love that idea of stamping on the same colour. Might have to try that. Lynne's cards are lovely, I did smile at the curry on your cuff, that sounds like something I would do!

Hazel said...

What lovely cards. That china blue ink looks lovely the way you've used it - hope Lynn's had a good day x

Traceyr said...

Well you would never have known that there was curry on the second card but as the slogon goes, "every little helps" hahaha

Beautiful cards loving the same ink stamping technique I will have to try that and those hearts are stunning.

:)

Gez said...

Fabby cards Kaz. So beautiful & perfect for your sister.xx

Yes we need a tutorial Kazzy please. :-D