Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Lucy's House

You may remember me saying before that Lucy started making a house while she stayed at mine and finished it at home. Well, I saw the house yesterday at Lynne's and took some photos as I'd promised her I'd blog it. I think it's brilliant. Lucy has always been good at creating in 3D and she has continued with this.

This is the reverse of her house and you can see the amount of detail she's added. Notice the opening windows. All I did was to cut the template and the opening bits of it with a scalpel, she did the rest.



This house represents the house Lucy would like to be living in when she's grown up. And one thing that she wants to have as an adult is a cow, so here it is, complete with lovely pink utters:



This is the inside of her 2 storey house. She really has thought of everything. That is her with her husband:



And this is the side with their two children tucked up in bed. Sadly I didn't do her justice with the photo of them.


I'm so proud of what she made and she truly did show mine up with the detailing.

12 comments:

Janice said...

What a brilliant house. I love the vine on the outside and the cow and the inside is so cool with the little people. Pass on my congratulations to Lucy for a great bit of crafting.

Carol said...

what a totally fantastic house and so much detail - Lucy is like Sian, she wants a cow when she graduates!! Well Done Lucy - and what a proud antie Kaz xx

Net said...

Way to go Lucy! Your house is F A N T A S T I C !!! You are obviously a very clever young lady.

I love your cow too.

Karen said...

Oh Lucy its wonderful sweetie!!! You could show Aunty Kaz a thing or two with that one HUGS XXX

Karen said...

Oh lucy.....I meant to say that I would love a cow too....I love cows!!! XXX

Gez said...

GREAT WORK LUCY. Your house is AWESOME.XXX

Love all your details inside. WOW!!

Looks like you had great fun making this. Keep up the good work! Happy crafting.XXX

Wipso said...

That is just beautiful. I love to see young people spending their time crafting. Many happy hours were spent with mine using all sorts of mediums when they were little. Our eldest was commissioned to do 2 cross stitch pictures when she was only 10 to commemorate a church bell link between our local church and one in Sarasota, USA and we were invited there to see it hanging up in the church....happy memories. A x

Saskia said...

Wow, wow!! Lucy did a wonderful job!!! So creative, so much fantasy!! I LOVE it!!!

Saskia :)

Kitty said...

Awwww, isn't that brilliant?! I love to see stuff that kids make, especially ones that they've taken lots of time over. I hope she's proud of it? x

Traceyr said...

Lucy what a brilliant house. Love the paper you and your family. Great eye for detail too.

:)

tracy said...

OMGosh,what a brill house,loving all the detail,what a great life you'll have-husband,2 children and a cow :)

Carolineh said...

aaaawwww, how gorgeous is that house!