Friday, 4 September 2009

Warning to Kathy.................................

.............this card contains vast white space!!


This week, the DCM is to make a card that contains sunflowers. At first, I didn't think I'd make one as I'm working on a canvas at the mo and it's taking forever.

However, while I was trying to have an afternoon snooze, an idea came to me. Why that always happens, I don't know, but happen it did and I had to jot it down for later.

Luckily it was a very simple design and it took all of 10 minutes.

And then, while I was making the card, I realised that this design could also be perfect for the Something Completely Different Challenge. This month it's to make moo's, whatever they are, and this week the theme is black and gold. Now, whether this was a sub-conscious happening, I'll never know as I've long ago stopped trying to analyse my brain, but it may have been a happy coincidence.

What I didn't realise is just how tiny moo's are which, if they are simply business cards, you'd need a magnifier to read any details on them. The card is 14 x 14 cms, so it shows you the difference.


I have simply used Bazzill card, paper flowers a pebbles inc rub-on and some doodling.

21 comments:

SueH said...

There might be a lot of ‘White Space’ Kaz but it’s still a very striking card.
I love it!

Sue
x
By the way, I’ve noticed over the last few weeks that the links you make to your cards never seem to workfor some reason. Could it be the ~ curly bits~ causing it do you think?

Lynda said...

A gorgeous card Kaz - thanks for joining in at DCM this week.

Lynda xxx

Laura said...

I have a feeling white space is the new look! Think about it many of the great crafters seem to be using white space more!

Janice said...

I love your white space card, Kaz. Very brave, I find it difficult to leave any white at all! The moos are going to be challenging.

Zoechaos said...

Great card and just how much can you get onto a small moo while making it look minimal?

Wipso said...

I love sunflowers. The card is just beautiful. A x

Lythan said...

this card is absolutely gorgeous!

Hazel said...

Wow - very classy - love the card and the moo x

tracy said...

very nice kaz,i love white space ;)

Paula said...

nice design....I adore white space on cards it gives then a real clean modern look.

Karen said...

oooo Kaz....these are gorgeous!!! The white space is perfect for the lovely sunflowers!!! Awe....the little moo is so sweet XXX

Jay said...

Lovely card! I think the white space sets off the bright sunflowers very nicely.

Traceyr said...

Wow gorgeous as always Kaz. Did you make the flowers yourself too? Very clever.

As for the moo??? - I thought that was something a cow said! hahaha

:)

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Moo!! I love using those sunflowers too!

thanks for joining us on SCD

Hugs
Dawn
x

Carol said...

Kaz I love your card and Moo - they style and design are so clean, crisp and elegant - absolutely stunning!
That image really pops too...FAB!

Thank you for joining us at SCD - xx

Jane said...

Beautiful card Kaz, I also love your owl and the pussycat card too. Jane x

Sarita said...

I LOVE white space Kaz, your card is just so elegant,
Gorgeous,
Love Sarita xx

Artyjen said...

Love the white space but find it hard myself.......the grungier the better for me!! LOL
xoxo

Gez said...

Wow stunning Kaz! Your card is perfect.xx

Great Moo too. :-)

Gez said...

oops forgot to say ..... Thank You for joining us this week on Something Completely Different. sorry.XXX

Kathy said...

Love it! What a totally stunning card. The white space sets everything off so perfectly.

still scary though, isn't it?