Saturday, 17 October 2009

SCD black and white inchies

I've been getting the DT's this week as I didn't bring any papercrafting bits with me to Lynne's. I just wasn't expecting to do any, but when I saw the SCD theme for this week, I wished I had.

However, it did give me a fantastic excuse to go through Lucy's craft stash for a change, as I knew she'd have a few bits for this. And she did. How do I know? Well I donated some of it from my stash (I've actually wondered this afternoon just why did I give some of it away)!




So, while Lynne, Andy and Rach were out, Lucy and I set about making some black and white inchies.

We decided to use a few bits from the newspaper for some of them. What do you think caught Lucy's eye here and make her giggle?





This:


That girl!!! And, no, she doesn't take after her auntie if that's what you're thinking!!!



So here are Lucy's inchies - some stamped, some doodled and just a little bit of colour that I'm sure will be forgiven as she does have plenty of just black and white.


Here are mine - 3 stamped (don't you love that Totoro stamp?) and one with doodled flowers.




Here they are, all together:


We had a lovely afternoon and got inky fingers, which I think is the law when you craft with your niece. Sadly, the panda that was cut from the paper met with a slightly inky end and had to be humanely destroyed.

Kazzzz (not quite so sleepy today)! xxx

18 comments:

Ann said...

What a wonderful set of 'inchies' and great to be crafting with your niece for the afternoon. Making memories together is what it's all about!

Angelnorth said...

Looks like the two of you had fun - great idea to use the newspaper (good to see the giggle-inducing bit didn't get chopped out onto an inchie :-O)

Janice said...

I just love the crossword, that is so creative, they are all really lovely but I hope you don't mind Kaz....I think I prefer Lucy's :o

Hazel said...

what a lovely time you both had - ~snigger~ at the newspaper! Glad you both enjoyed your inky session, with such fab results x

tracy said...

well done girls,great stuff :)

Kaz said...

that lucy is soo creative and pretty and those inchies i think they should be framed. kaz was ok

Kaz said...

Guess who hijacked my pc?!

Karen said...

hehe Hi Lucy....yep...you should display your inchies somehow honey...get Kaz to give you a canvas!!!!! Tell her I said so... XXXXX

Great inchies all round my lovelies HUGS XXX

Sue said...

What a lovely afternoon's crafting and such a good selection of inchies.
Sue x

Anesha said...

Wonderful inchies, they are really great. anesha

Traceyr said...

Wonderful inchies. Liking your style Lucy ;)

I thought the photo was funny too.

x x

Carol said...

Lucy - wowie girlie what fantastic inchies...bet you had great fun with Auntie Kaz....Thank you for joining us this week at SCD...xx

Auntie Kaz - FABBIE - sounds like you two had a great afternoon - thank you for joining us and sharing Lucy's gorgeous pieces too...xx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great inches :) Love the giggle shot, had a giggle too....TFS

Artyjen said...

Fab selection......especially like the crossword.
xoxo

melody said...

wow ~ those are rawkin kewl! and so kewl ya got to spend time together creating! awesome work ladies

margaret said...

Some great inchies here.xx

Gez said...

Fabby work girls. Soooo glad we didn't see the extra bit on an inchie hehe..

Thanks for joining us this week Lucy & Kaz. Hope you can join us again SOON. Love Gez.xx

Laura said...

Looks like you have had loads of fun together. Great to see Lucy's inchies as well as yours. Great!