Sunday, 11 October 2009

Silhouette

The weekly challenge launched today on ~{Bubbly Scrumptious Challenge Blog}~ is to use a silhouette on a project. I'm actually up to date with DT stuff at the mo as I'm going to stay at Lynne's again for a couple of weeks next week. It feels pretty good I must say, it's not something that happens often!! Dad's going to decorate my bedroom while I'm away. I've been using the built in drawers that were in the flat when I bought it, but they are really crap, so I've got a new set. It doesn't take much to make me happy!

Anyhoo onto the card.

I was having a look through an image site for inspiration and loved the sunset effect on a silhouette, so I made this card:



I've used Distress Inks to colour some white card and stamped this Penny Black stamp onto it. The stamp is actually a Christmas one as it has Joyeux Noel on it, so I just didn't ink that bit. I don't think I will actually use it for Christmas at all.

The chipboard is a Maya Road swirl. I just felt it needed a little something extra.

Don't forget to let us know on the blog if you make something with a silhouette on it and we can come and have a look. xx

16 comments:

Janice said...

That is fab Kaz, must put on my thinking cap for this challenge.

Angelnorth said...

Love the background you created for this one and the drama created by the black - gorgeous!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful love the background...need to try this technique, but need some distress inks first....won't say that was a Christmas stamp. TFS

Ann said...

That's a lovely card Kaz. I wouldn't consider the stamp a very Christmassy one, though it could work for any occasion. Love the distress ink background too.

Net said...

Me likey!

Well it has got a bird on it!

Anesha said...

Beautiful card, very elegant. Anesha

Paula said...

a gorgeous card

Traceyr said...

Loving the colours Kaz and the stamping too.

:)

tracy said...

very nice kaz,good effect :)

Karen said...

ooo I love the drama of this one Kaz!!! You have done that background perfectly honey XXX

Angie said...

Love the effect ...and I love your purple xmas card too. ... please pop by my blog when you have time and pick up a little something .

Boo said...

Love the elegance, the colours...beautiful.

Kathy said...

This is lovely Kaz - I love the background colour.

the stamp doesn't look at all Christmassy, does it?

Dezinaworld said...

Ohhh i love that silhouette ad what beautiful work on both of these cards
hugs June xxx

Gez said...

Oh Kaz it's gorgeous.xx Love your background.

Hazel said...

Super card and bunny photo - thanks for sharing x