Monday, 5 October 2009

What I've been up to.

I've not been joining in with challenges lately as I've been doing a few very exciting projects for my friend Di and her husband as they have started their own business ~{Tando-Creative}~. It's a laser cutting and engraving service for the craft industry and they have started off with some gorgeous chipboard pieces.

I was surprised, but excited when Di asked if I'd do some Design Team bits for her. To start with, it was a bit tricky as I was still doing Rosie-Dee's DT, but I finished that stint in September and I've been able to do Di's.

Now before I go on, and I really hate the fact that I have to do this, I must point out that I am not being paid, I do this for my love of crafting and would have been making these things anyway, just with different chipboard had Di's new business not come along! It is my hobby and it keeps me sane amongst the madness of life with ME. If you are wondering why I'm highlighting this, then read ~{this post}~

Right now that's over let's have a look at some of what I've been doing:

This is a lovely plaque with a scroll attached to it that I've painted and embossed with black glitter embossing powder. I think the paper is Autumn Leaves.




This is a lovely leaf sprig with engraving that really makes it stunning. All I did for this was spray it with Glimmer Mist, it didn't need anything else. I liked it so much that I bought some more once the business was up and running!



These next two cards are made from just one piece of chipboard.


I've very carefully removed the inner stem. I did this with a scalpel and it wasn't difficult. You can leave it in place if you wanted to. The top one is Glimmer misted and the one below was Glimmer Misted, then I painted it with Rock Candy distress paint and once dry, rubbed a bit of peeled paint distress ink into the cracks. (I've still got the green finger to prove it as I did this today)! I did this one simple so that the texture is the focus.


And finally, this gorgeous star. How pretty is this? This is Glimmer misted, glossy accented and glittered and is going on my tree in December!



I've made some other things but I'm not blogging them as they are for Christmas pressies (yes I've started already, but I have to). There are lots of other projects from other DT members on ~{the blog}~. There's a link to the shop on the blog, but the business is aimed for trade. You can have a look on the website and buy bits from ~{Bubbly Funk}~.

Kaz xx

10 comments:

Janice said...

Beautiful work Kaz. I'm glad you have your craft work and your cyberfriends to keep you going XXX

Kathy said...

Such a lot of gorgeousness - I have to say though, that the "naked" tree is my fave of them all

tracy said...

these projects are all beautiful kaz :)
i missed that bit about the nasty person,glad you got it sorted though.

Hazel said...

Stunning crafting - I left a message on the Tando blog about the trees - such a good idea to use one for masking. (and what a shame that you need to explain your hobby) x

Wipso said...

Hi Kaz. Beautiful work as always. I have just read your previous blog. How mean do some people have to be? I am certain your crafts are wonderful 'therapy'. I started card making as my therapy while caring for an elderly parent. It gave me a few moments when I could loose my thoughts in something positive and helped me cope from day to day. Keep up the good work. A x

airing cupboard crafts said...

Beautiful work I love those pieces!!

I have added your blog to my sidebar as I have been a reader for a while. I hope you don't mind?

Angelnorth said...

Fab projects, I think the leaf scroll is probably my absolute fave of these but it's hard to choose!

Karen said...

Stunning work my honey!!! I adore that leaf scroll too XXX

CLARE said...

Its all gorgeous especially the star. You have coloured/glittered them beautifully x

Carol said...

Kaz sweetie - in our lovely crafting world I'm often left gobsmacked and totally shocked by the nastiness of some - that horrid person must have no life to go around creating trouble like that....

I too use my craft as a stress relief and have found many friends thro' it....

Totally gorgeous pieces and so inspiring....xx