Tuesday, 24 November 2009

DT bits

I've just got a couple of bits to show, both have been done for DT's this week.

Firstly is this advent calendar that I made for the Bubbly Scrumptious Challenge Blog and I also wrote step by step instructions for the emag posting today. That was a bit of a relief to do them both using the one project! All of a sudden I've realised we're at the end of November and I still have lots of things to make for gifts.


It's made from denim fabric and felt with some chipboard embellishments.


The second thing to show is this birthday card for my mum which I made using the mum chipboard from Tando Creative for the blog.


I've been eyeing up the easel cards and got advice from a couple of Bubblyfunk forum members and this is the result. I didn't faff about with measuring card etc, I just used 2 card blanks. The first blank for the base and cut the second in half for the card front. I can see me making more as I'm really happy with the result. The mum has been covered in paper and then I've painted the sides with white acrylic paint.

The papers and flowers are primas and I've just used a Crafty Individuals swirl stamp. The heart has been cut by hand and there's a fair bit of distressing. I've also got a bigger sized chipboard mum word to play with and have started with that too. I'm really loving the chipboard that Di is designing for Tando, it's lovely and thick and excellent quality as it really withstands the bashing about I give it when I mess up!!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's nosing at desks and mine is in a right state thankfully this week.

Kaz xxxx

9 comments:

Janice said...

Your advent calendar is great Kaz! So that's what the sewing machine was out for! Your card is lovely too, I've commented on Tando too.

Julia Dunnit said...

Luvverly stuff Kaz, bet your Mum will be thrilled with the card. Am glad to know how you didn't faff with sizes etc. As you know,not faffing is a thing of mine. Which is why the post about the pom poms made me cross and you laugh!!

Traceyr said...

Great projects Kaz - you seem to have found your mojo.

:)

Angelnorth said...

Looks like the papercraft mojo put in an appearance since the card looks fab! Two lovely projects!

Sharon said...

I love both your projects Kaz.

I must try out the easel cards - they are fantastic - never even heard of tehm before but it is nice to do something different.

I agree about the Tando chipboard - it is really thick and stands out on the page.
x

Sue said...

Oooh what a fab card Kaz, super colours.
Sue x

Hazel said...

Love the bright advent calendar. I left a message on Tando about your gorgeous mum's card (which has reminded me that I need to make one for mum for Sunday) x

Karen said...

hee hee I hate measuring too...it holds up the creativity!!!!

These are both stunning projects my lovely but I want to see those pockets filled soon!!! XXX

CLARE said...

Both lovely projects particularly the advent calendar. I have left comments about them on the other blogs