Saturday, 7 November 2009

I am a numpty

Karen's just called me to check the topic for tomorrow's Bubbly Scrumptious Challenge as I mailed her a photo of 'Something Lace' I had made when, in fact, the topic is something completely different!! Somehow, between reading the e mail and writing it in my notebook, I lost the plot. Sorry about the swearing Karen and Jeremy when I realised what I'd done! Luckily though I did have something I made earlier this year that fits in.

So I shall blog this today instead on here.



I've used the last scraps of denim fabric I had leftover from the size 22 maternity jeans I bought in the sale. Nope, not preggers, nor never have been (sadly), but I loved the fabric so got the biggest pair I could. I decided to have a play and gessoed onto bubble wrap then stamped it onto the fabric and then coloured the gesso with ink. It doesn't show up very well on here. I've sewn the lace around the heart - very fiddly - and then stitched a bit across it.



I cut grungepaper flowers with a sissix die, gessoed them, embossed them and inked them and attached them with buttons, thread and paper flowers and finished off with a stamped butterfly and some gems. If I'd had any, I'd have stuffed some lavender into them.

The little one may become a bag charm yet, I'm undecided.

Oh well, I'd best go and check I've got the rest of the list written out correctly!

Kaz xxx

11 comments:

Karen said...

Awe Kaz....you are a numpty but we love you just the way your are my lovely!!!

I love these hearts, they are so so pretty! HUGS XXX

Jane said...

Kaz, your heart looks beautiful and you are very talented lady too. Jane x

Hazel said...

Awww what a pity you got the wrong end of the stick! but this is gorgeously beautiful - so creative x

Angelnorth said...

Hee hee, what are you like? These look fantastic, how on earth could you bear to part with so much gorgeous lace all in one go though?!

Net said...

Love those Kaz! They look gorgeous.

Gez said...

Fantastic Kaz. I love your flowers. :-)

tracy said...

first class numpty LOL
they're very nice anyway ;)

Wipso said...

From one numpty to another....it's not so bad here in the numpty club :-) Love the hearts. A x

Carmen said...

These are gorgeous, love all that lace. And who'da thunk to take a trip to Mothercare for crafting supplies? :P

Traceyr said...

Wow those flowers and that cushion are fabulous! You will have to be a numpty more often if we get to see work like this Kaz.

:)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Kaz, love the flowers espesh...
You could have 'saved' them for when the challenge actually is lacey you know, lol.