Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Something Completely Different - never to be repeated

This month's SCD theme is Christmas cards and I need to be getting on with mine so it's good to get pushed.

For this week, it's holly and the ivy in green, red and gold. Well that gave me the perfect excuse to use the holly punch and make the card I've had in my head for a while. Remind me never to listen to my mind again. It doesn't know what it's on about.

I have to say I am pleased with how it turned out, but it was a bugger to put together!!


The holly leaves are tiny and I've punched various shades of green card from my scraps and the odd gold one, then just doodled a couple of veins on them. The tricky bit was the silicone glue and picking them up with tweezers. I got covered. The desk got covered and the card got covered. Thank goodness you can just pick it off once dry!! I've just finished off with some gems and left it at that. I'm going through a less is more phase at the moment after spending months sticking loads of bits onto each card.

Kaz xx

14 comments:

CLARE said...

Brilliant card, must have been really fiddly to do but a great 3d effect

Jane said...

your card is beautiful worth all the pain! Jane x

Angelnorth said...

Great stylish card Kaz, this looks fantastic!

Karen said...

This is very CLASSY Kaz! They would be great as a set hahahaha XXX

Traceyr said...

This is well worth the effort of fiddling with that glue and holly leaves.

Beautiful card Kaz.

:)

melody said...

wowzers..what a fabulous card chickie...i can only imagine the time it took to punch and put those hollyz together! awesome!

Caroline said...

You made me laugh out loud with the comment about your mind not knowing what its on about, haha.
The card is gooooorgeous and well worth the effort Kaz...x

Ann said...

Beautiful card. worth all the effort!

Carol said...

what a gorgeous card Kaz - its so striking really love all that white. The wreath looks fantastic and well worth all the hard work.

thank you for joining us at SCD this week xx

Janice said...

That's beautiful Kaz, don't know how you could face all those leaves and tweezers :o Lots of white space too, very different style from your usual.

Gez said...

Looks stunning Kaz.xx Thanks for joining us this week at SCD. Gez.xx

tracy said...

thats beautiful kaz :)

Laura said...

Very pretty card. Love all the white space. Works real well. Very elegant. Thanks for playing at SCD

Kitty said...

That is a stunning card! x