Wednesday, 11 November 2009

WOYWW - the return of the snowflakes

It's Wednesday again already, so it must be time to have a nosey share workspaces via ~{Julia's Blog}~. My desk isn't looking too bad this week, it's just organised chaos. The snowflakes have been dug out and I'm finally getting them put onto some cards. Unlike Kathy, I'm going for the easy option and making a few exactly the same - it involves far less thinking!! I've got 6 cards out of one sheet of 12 x 12 paper and have another sheet the same. I got sent a couple of these adornit papers last year for one of my first DT projects on ~{Bubbly Scrumptious}~ and I liked them so much a bought a few more for this year. Last year I went to town and stitched them and made different cards, but not now as it's far too much work to do!!



You can see that I'm batch producing. I've done all of the colour choices, trimming, inking and stamping so all I need to do now is stick. I don't know about you, but I get grumpy that the daylight hours are so few and even with a daylight lamp it's just not the same, so I can dip in and out of sticking during the manky light now.

The paperweight is still glowing and I'm hoping it has strange mystical powers so I can get it to predict the lotto numbers.

Finally, here's the first card to be finished.


I'm off to rummage through the others stash now, whoo!!!

Kaz xxx

18 comments:

Gez said...

I love these papers too Kaz. Love your snowflake. Gez.xx

Karen said...

Aha....one of your snowflakes in use!!! Lovely tidy desk honey X

Wipso said...

That desk is far too tidy Kaz :-) Really love the card. Thanks for dropping in on my blog. You are welcome to buy a felted cow from me. Just email me and I will arrange payment and delivery with you. Thanks. A x
wipso@toucansurf.com

Julia Dunnit said...

Agree ttoally about the daylight hours..am doing sticking and winding of pom poms in the evenings, dare not choose colours!
The card is lovely, glad the snowflakes ahve been employed..so often I cut stuff and then just have nice little piles of stuff until the season passes!

Carmen said...

The only thing I don't like about the darker days is the rubbish light to craft in, otherwise I prefer night time or more accurately that time inbetween the day and night. Same in the mornings too ;) Love it.

Were you serious about the stamped images? I so want to take you up on that :D Pretty please. I have Mary if you'd like me to stamp some images of her for you?

Hazel said...

very organised, Kaz - and I'm impressed with the lovely Christmas card production line (love the papers) x

Angelnorth said...

Looking very organised and super-productive there - great design!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

You'll be done in no time with that production line! What organisation! And beautiful results too.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh aren't you organised :) Lovely card Kaz ;)
Anne xx

Sam said...

that's a good looking desk - I see you have lots of storage!! I just can't bear to give over more desk space for storage though!!

Susan said...

Impressive production line! Wish I could do that - I get bored too easily and thats not good! It spells trouble!
Love your finished card.
SuzyX

Ann said...

Lovely card, Kaz. And there's nothing wrong with mass-producing Christmas cards - just wish I could make a card I liked enough to make lots of them! ;)

Janice said...

So what do you predict Kaz? Will your desk be tidy next week? Will Christmas be coming soon? Will I stop asking questions? ha ha ha great post!

Susie Sugar said...

Welcome home darling !! nice to see you back in your own craft space again
I love your card .....so pretty
and your desk is looking fab I've missed it
And I wouldn't mind a cuppa if its not to cold now !! lol
Love Susie xx

Angie said...

That is a great card ... love it ....so need to get on with mine.
Maybe I should think mass production ...all I need is a good design ...cogs whirring lol

I think your 'glowing paperweight is so cool...shame it doesn't really ....or does it ?????

Donna said...

Hi Kaz, thanks for visiting - have just been LOL at your posts, I LOVE your sense of humour! The drawers over at mine are labelled for Promarker Pens.
Love the production line you have going there - very organised.
Take care,
Donna x

Wendy said...

Great work desk. lots of mess and a cuppa to keep you going, love the finished card

Traceyr said...

Wonderful snowflakes - did you use a die cut to cut them?

Great christmas cards and lovely and messy craft space. lol

:)