Wednesday, 16 December 2009

WOYWW - cough, splutter, sniff

My desk is looking quite respectable this week as work ground to a halt. I went to Lynne's for the weekend and came back with a rotten coughy/fluey bug thing, so I've spent the last few days doing bugger all, but cough, sneeze and sleep. Gggrrr. However, I am feeling a bit more respectable, so I've cut one letter and inked one canvas edge just to see how it goes.


I'm making my youngest nieces pressie and it's the last one I'm doing. I made an executive decision, and didn't even consult myself, that I am not going to go mad and finish everything I had planned. Lucy's 10 so she will get her pressie, but everyone else knows I've not been well enough so will have I.O.U's. Others have now got Amazon vouchers that I just have to print - I'm being a right old meanie and not even making gift wallets for them. Bah Humbug!!

So the desk has 4 canvases, giant chipboard letters and MME Pretty Please papers and I shall bung a few flowers on to fill up the gaps! Lucy is great as she loves anything she's given and she had a special section for me on her Christmas list that said anything handmade please! She thinks I'm making her a cow! *wink wink Annie (Wipso)*

A few of you commented on the beads in the glass, so I thought I'd show part of my room not shown before.


I bought these glasses in Asda so I could store the beads in them in colours. I've got cotton wool in the bottoms to stop them making a racket when I put them back in. It actually works much better than storing them in their individual bags. The pic you can see is of the orang I've adopted this year, with his real mum.

Head on over to ~{Julia's Blog}~ to join in with the nosiness. We are all nosey and proud of it!!


The puppies still look the same at the mo, so I thought I'd show a pic from the breeder's site. This is only a hilarious picture if the dog isn't yours!!!



Kaz xxx

19 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Eeuuw, hope you're feeling a bit more human. But just think of all the pelvic floor exercising your cough has caused!!! Great great idea and attitude aboutt hings you wanted to do..relax and get well, pushing yourself will be stresful and prolong your recovery for sure. I didn't eat the candy canes...like the chocolate, as long as they're wrapped......
Beautiful looking dog..but I understand why you'd faint if you were the owner!

Wipso said...

Oh poor you. Please make a speedy recovery and Julia is right...rest...it's the only way. Oh Kaz I love the beads. Gorgeous colours. I would sit and play with those for hours but probably wouldn't use them or I wouldn't have them to look at :-)
As for the dog....tehe lovely. I guess it's nothing that soap and water wouldn't make perfect again :-)
A x

Karen said...

hahahahahaha at the dog, bless it!

ooooo Lucy is going to be thrilled with her pressie Kaz but don't push yourself honey...

mmm...your desk looks like you only have one project on the go...good girl...but I had to check now didn't I?

Listen to Aunty Karen & behave!!! HUGS XXX

Linby said...

hope you feel better soon. I see you have the same Ikea box on your desk as me - does seem to take loads of space and not hold that much! Love the dog - know what you mean mine used to get into some scrapes.
Love those beads - how cheery to craft with those on show.
Linbyx

Susie Sugar said...

Your desk is very controled today I love Lucy's gift and I am sure she will too
did you cut those big letters with sizzix dies ? I love whay you are doing with them
What a great idea to ues those big glasses for the beads I might have to borrow that idea once we move.
The pups look so sweet muddy but cute !!! lol
See you next week
Love Susie xx

SueH said...

Aww what a cutie……..I want that puppy…….when he’s cleaned up!

I love the way you store your beads Kaz but I just know that if that was me they would end up all over the floor because I one clumsy mere!

Hope you’re feeling better soon hun.

Pam said...

Sorry to hear your feeling poorly, hope you feel better soon. The beads look so pretty in those jars and Lucy will love her pressie I'm sure. My dog would love the opportunity to get that muddy!!!!! Hugs Pam x

Hazel said...

I hope you'll be feeling better soon. I love the beads in the glasses - fab idea x

Kathy said...

ohhhh I forgot to do my photo AGAIN!!!! I'll have to do it tomorrow morning instead. Your desk looks all colour coordinated today Kaz and I love the beads in glasses idea, they look sooooo pretty!

Dog pic is a joy!

Traceyr said...

Kaz I love the way you have displayed your beads. :)

Janice said...

Love your beads in the glasses and that is a proper dog!

Nikki said...

hope you feel better soon what a beautiful array of beads you have quick and easy too I have to agree keeping them in little bags just takes too much time to find the right ones

Sam said...

oooh that's one muddy dog!!!! I do hope you feel better soon. You made me laugh out loud with "and didn't even consult myself"! I feel like that sometimes.

Those Lucy letters are going to be so lovely - the L is smashing!!

Milliesmarvels said...

Hi Kaz, hope you feel all better soon. Your desk looks very busy today and I love the canvases. Dog looks so cute! Reminds me of my Charlie. Pink legs belong to a bunny I got from a lovely Friend at Easter and doggy stamp is from Elzybells. I would send you stamped images if I had stamped but images were from swaps :-(
Have a good evening.
Jane
x

Deanne said...

Hi Kaz, those canvases are going to be gorgeous :) Hope you feel better soon. and as for the beads, they just look sooooo pretty x

Angelnorth said...

Lucy's pressie is looking fab and very definitely fits the "anything handmade" bill! :haha: at the dog (as you say, it's not mine!). Those beady glasses look lovely, not sure you should use anything out of those, just so you don't disturb them!

Anne said...

Oh my gosh, that doggie is GORGEOUS! Love the beads in the jars - they look so pretty, and yet so practical - how much better can you get?! Why have I never thought of this?!

Hope you feel better soon :0)

Sarita said...

Sorry to hear you've not been so good Kaz. I love those glasses full of beads, what a wonderful idea.
Hope you feel better soon,
Love Sarita xx

Valerie said...

Love that photo of the dog. I can just imagine him walking into the house and covering every surface in gloopy mud!