Wednesday, 2 December 2009

WOYWW - It's All T!m's Fault!

Yes, it's not my fault, it's his (sorry Linda, but I have to blame someone and the pixies promised me it wasn't them). Just lately, as you may know, the things I've been making have all been for DT and Christmas gifts, so when I saw Tim's 12 tags of Christmas, I thought I'd do something for me. I don't think I'll be doing them all as I still have lots of things to finish, but if I can I'll do a few.

So anyway, I put my dinner in the oven and headed off to the craft room to begin. During the evening I did a few more bits to it and this morning, I woke to this:


It's pure carnage!! I can't believe I could go to bed and leave that mess (I'm lying, I do it often). Do you think the bin needs emptying? Well I sat down and poked the stickles that had been drying overnight and, guess what? Yep. Not dry. I think I must have used half a pot of stickles to get the effect that Tim got - I guess it helps if you work for Ranger as you can get your mitts on freebie stash.

So I spread it a bit more to cover the fingerprint hole and got the heat gun onto it, then tied the ribbon. This is the result:



It was the fact that Tim's tag had a snowman on it that made me go for it as I could use my fave stamp again. I coloured him with Copics again and added stickles to just the shaded parts. It's very difficult to see the sparkle as the light is crap for photos today.

I shall be round to you WOYWWers in a bit to see what you've been up to. If you haven't had a go at this yet, go to ~{Julia's Blog}~ and I'm sure you'll want to join in. It caters for the nosiest amongst us (as I say that in the nicest possible way) as we can rummage someone elses stash without leaving home. Fab.

Kaz xxxx

24 comments:

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's no worse than my desk Kaz ;) Love your tag, the snowman is fab isn't he, looks like a real snowman would! I've used Tim's reindeer stamp on my tag, and after reading your post am thinking maybe I should put some more stickles on - may have to visit the little local craft shop to get some more stickles as my Diamond stickles have nearly run out and that only leaves the Gold which for some reason isn't behaving, it just won't be squeezed out even though the nozzle's not blocked!
Anne x

Julia Dunnit said...

Whispers *it's nicer than Tim's* - I love that snowman! As for the desk carnage - I LOVE IT!!

Wipso said...

Thats not messy that busy :-) Love the snowman project too. Keep up the good work.
A x

Hazel said...

Oh Kaz, I love the desk - such a haven of craftiness - and I love the tag too (I know what you mean about stickles - and I get impatient with it!) x

Karen said...

hahahaha well, we just have to blame someone don't we!!!!

Your tag is FANTASTIC, you should be proud of it my lovely!!!

Oh...I don't think I will be WOYWW as I have pressies on it today :)

HUGS XXX

Pam said...

Don't cut yourself up about it Kaz I quite often go to bed leaving a mess; actually my OH would say my craft room never looks anything but a mess. Your bunny rabbits look cute, and I love the snowman tag. Hugs Pam

Angie said...

I went in close and had a good look ....what an interesting desk ...busy and creative ....love that tag.

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Kaz I love the look of your desk this week, boy I bet you had fun getting it like that !! lol my floor looks much like that all the time !! shh don't tell the others !! lol
Your tag is so lovely and so is the card below I am in love with that little scary snowman he's so darn cute !!
See you next Wednesday
Hugs Susie xx

Jennie said...

Your tag is absolutely FAB! the desk looks normal to me...lol

Milliesmarvels said...

Hi Kaz, thanks for visiting my desk today. My desk usually looks like yours so I would be right at home in your Craft space...tag is fab too, I love all the Stickles!
Jane
x

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic tag and well worth the carnage on the desk, I'm sure!

Susan said...

OOHHHHHHHHHH love the carnage and well worth it - great tag - need to get started on mine - am saving them for the weekend!! Tagmania here I come! LOL
SuzyX

Traceyr said...

Your desk is shocking but you can be forgiven if you end up with something as wonderful has that tag.

Well done Kaz. :)

LadyBug said...

Fantastic tag!!!!! I love that stamp! he's such a creepy but loveable snowman!!!

Sam said...

oh my goodness gracious me - something blew up on that desk!!! ;-) Love those blue buttons - where did you get them from?

Carol said...

OH MY KAZ! what a mess!! roflxx although must say love that tag! sir T!m would be very impressed!! well worth the mess missus!

hugz xx

Nikki said...

Your Mess is just Great But that Tag is soo Impressive that demented little snowman is just the cutest lol
thanks for sharing
hugs Nikki

Carmen said...

That tag is amazing - well worth the freak hurricane that obviously landed in your desk area alone. Strange that... but known to happen. LOVE this tag and *psssst* I agree with Julia ;)

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Oh my word Kaz - was anyone killed when the car accidentally hit your desk? LOL


A haven of creativity me thinks!

x

p.s. gorgeous tag!

Sue said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog Kaz. I must admit to being a bit of a perfectionist in some things.
My desk though that's another thing altogether. I love seeing how cluttered other people are, makes me feel better about my workspace.
Have you noticed how many pairs of Fiskars pink and green handled scissors are on display?
Sue x

Jane said...

Never mind the mess your tag is just beautiful. Jane x

Gez said...

Fabby tag Kaz. Well worth all the crafty chaos hun.xx

Caroline said...

Gorgeous tag Kaz, and I love that snowman! As you know I have all good intentions of doing Tims Tags - its on my 'to do' list for this weekend. I am rubbish - why can't I keep up!

Beth Norman said...

Yikes. That Tim!! LOL. Your tag is awesome. Great job. I really like that snowman stamp.