Friday, 8 January 2010

DCM - Garnet

I still haven't made it home from Lynne's which meant that I had to make a card for Sam's birthday using a combination of my Christmas stash and Lucy's stash. I made it this morning while Lucy was at school so that she didn't notice!

Seeing as it's Friday I thought I'd see what the ~{DCM}~ was this week and it was to use the birthstone of garnet. Luckily for me, the papers that I had had this lovely red paper in it ........


........ so that was sorted.

I have used:

- my stash: BG Sugar Rush papers
Cornish Heritage bird stamp that was my pressie from ~{Joanne}~ my secret santa

- Lucy's stash: white card
raspberry and black inkpads
scalloped edge scissors
coloured pencils
black pen

I've just added some doodling to the bird and given her stripey legs from the BG papers. Luckily Andy (BIL) has a scalpel and cutting mat as I am useless at cutting straight lines with scissors.

Kaz xxx

18 comments:

Karen said...

hee hee wonder how long before Lucy notices you used her stash!!! Lovely, cheery card you made honey XXX

Wipso said...

Brill card even if supplies were 'borrowed' :-)
A x

Lynda said...

I absolutely love this card. Thanks for joining in with us at DCM.

Lynda xxx

kirsticoo said...

This is such a sweet card - I love the little birdy...x

Hazel said...

That's a very impressive card, Kaz. I love that birdie image - and I think the striped legs are great x

Lythan said...

this card is absolutely fabulous. Just shows you don't need loads of stash to make the perfect card (just be a creative genius!) thanks for going Garnet with DCM :)

Carol said...

what a great card kaz - love that stamp - has Lucy noticed her stash has been raided yet?

fingers crossed that Dell had a nice bargain for you today!

Stay warm xx

Traceyr said...

Love the bird and she will need her stripey socks on in this weather.

:)

Kathy said...

oooooh Lovely card - that birdie is so cute!

Janice said...

Great job Kaz. It's amazing what you can do with limited stash.

Gez said...

Fabulous card Kaz. Love the colours & doodling & awe, your birdies legs! Looks like you're stay for cuddles then! ENJOY....xx

Di said...

Awww gorgeous card Kaz, loving that birdie x

Caroline said...

Lovely card Kaz - love the colours and the bird stamp is gorgeous...x

SueH said...

Well, you would never guess from looking at your card that it was made using Christmas papers.

It’s a beautiful card and I love the little birdie.

Sue
x

Dezinaworld said...

Gorgeous card Kaz, love that little birdy especially
hugs June xxx

Angelnorth said...

Awww, that birdie looks so different with the legs and doodling I barely recognised it! I knew you'd do something to make those stamps your own ;o) Fab, cheery card - love it!

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Karen. Love the bird!!

Nishant said...

Brill card even if supplies were 'borrowed' :

Work from home India