Friday, 15 January 2010

DCM - Hole in One

First up, I'd like to thank those of you who sent vibes to Dell. It worked! Yay! I have a new laptop on order!! But sshh don't tell this laptop as it has to keep working until it's delivered. Not sure quite how I'm going to pay for it, so thank goodness for credit cards.

Anyhoo, it's my Nan's birthday on Sunday and she's going to be 95! The home is having a party, but I can't go as I'm still at Lynne's and we have somewhere very exciting to go to tomorrow. So I got cracking on some cards for Nan today. The first of which is from the girls. I saw the DCM challenge was to have a hole or holes in your card somewhere and remembered seeing some aperture cards while I was rifling through Lucy's stash. I bought these when I first started cardmaking, but didn't like them, so this is the first time I've used one!




I also saw some chalks I'd donated, so I coloured the front which has a linen texture and inked the edges. The greeting was printed (Nan-Nan is what the girls have always called her) and I chalked this too, although I went a bit overboard. The 'love' is a stamp from my secret santa Joanne and I've stuck a load of flowers from wildorchidcrafts.

The second card is made using the BG Sugar Rush papers, the love paper is from there just cut into a heart. The ribbon came from the ribbon oasis sale and yet another flower! I'm am loving these soooooo much. The greeting is just printed.


Karen asked on Wednesday whether I was having to pay Lucy back for her stash with interest and the answer is 'yes of course'! Well, I thought I'd be really kind and donate some of the flowers I'd bought, which was fine, she loved them. She then started arranging them and the cry of 'could I just have another one in ......(insert colour)? ....... etc! I couldn't complain though, as look how well she made them:



Kaz xxx

18 comments:

humel said...

*Beautiful* cards :-) Happy birthday to your Nan! x

Julia Dunnit said...

They are lovely cards gal, but the arrangement of roses is fab..soz!
Good news on the laptop *whispering*..and there's a thaw on, will you have to go home soon? Happy birthday to your Nan, fantastic longevity!

Lythan said...

beautiful, beautiful cards - and that flower arrangement is lovely too. Hope you get to see your nan soon - have a good day tomorrow whatever you are doing!

Janice said...

Aw they are lovely.

kirsticoo said...

Really lovely cards... Hope your Nan likes them and that is such a shame you can't get to her party...x

Kathy said...

Both of these cards are fab, Kaz but I bet you nan is going to be as pleased as punch with hers - it's so beautifully put together. The flowers look amazing - you must love her a lot to use that many flowers on one card, hunny!

Gez said...

Beautiful cards Kaz. Your Nan is going to love them to bits. :-) Have fun tomorrow. Gez.xx

Hazel said...

Love both cards the chalking on the top one is very effective. And Lucy's made a good job with the flowers x

Keryn Campbell said...

Gorgeous cards both of them. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous cards! That's a shame you can't make it to your nan's birthday party....I am sure she will love her card....x

Vanessa said...

They're both lovely pretty cards, your Nan will be thrilled with hers. Happy Birthday to her. :)

Vanessa.

SueH said...

How on earth could you bring yourself to give those beautiful flowers away!

Beautiful cards Kaz, I’m sure your Nan is going to be thrilled with them all.
I especially love the aperture one with the flowers.

Thanks for ‘daring’ to join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week.
Sue
x

Angelnorth said...

Great cards Kaz, both of them! And Lucy's arrangements look fab, worth 50p of anybody's money I would have thought!

Jane said...

Your cards are beautiful I'm sure they will be loved. Jane x

Karen said...

ooo these are soooo pretty Kaz!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY for your nan from me & what an amazing age she is!!!

Lucy has done a wonderful job to those posies hasn't she? After you mentioned the site I felt I just had to get some of those flowers....brilliant value!!! HUGS XXX

Sarita said...

Beautiful card Kaz, and the arrangement of flowers is just lovely,
Love Sarita xx

CLARE said...

Gorgeous cards, i love them both.

Nishant said...

there's a thaw on, will you have to go home soon? Happy birthday to your Nan, fantastic longevity!

Work from home India