Sunday, 31 January 2010

Happy Birthday Dad


I'm not quite sure how it happened, but my dad is 70 today. He certainly doesn't look it or act it - which I guess explains how I got to be like I am!

I made him this card using some of the Websters Pages Journalling cards and a bit of grungeboard. The letters are thickers that I've inked up.


Then, late yesterday, Lynne called to ask if I had a card to give to dad as she'd forgotten to get his card! So I ended up making another. Both cards were very quick to make though.




This one uses MME papers and Prima letters. I cut the heart myself and used one of the gorgeous charms I got from Joanne in my secret santa parcel.

Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Janice said...

They are gorgeous Kaz, I love those easel cards and the charm is great. Happy Birthday to your Dad XXX

Janice said...

PS those kisses are for your Dad not you!

Caroline said...

Beautiful cards Kaz - aren't those Websters Pages papers gorgeous....x

Hazel said...

They are both smashing cards - I'm sure he's thrilled with them - that charm really sets off well on the second one. Happy Birthday to dad x

Jane said...

Happy Birthday to your dad Kaz, your cards are beautiful. Jane x

Karen said...

OMG I can't believe your dad is 70!!!! Must be you two girls keeping him young hahahaha Please give him a hug from me when you see him?

Fabulous cards for him XXX

Carol said...

Happy Birthday to Kaz's Dad! hope you all have a fab day!

Gorgeous cards xx

Angelnorth said...

Happy Birthday Kaz's dad! I believe 70 is the new 50, isn't it? The cards look fab Kaz and I love what you did with the "conch thingy" on the second one (I have no idea what to call them and I have a confession! I bought a belt on a car boot with the specific intention of dismantling it because I thought the metal discs would be good for crafty stuff - some of them found their way into your parcel as I thought you'd do something interesting with them!)

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. Both cards are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thank u :-) look at that emo boy one over this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info

SarahLund said...

I made one for my new fiance, but yours looks way better. I'm not that good at art, but my family and friends say i am. I don't think i am. lol. Have a nice day :)

SarahLund said...

I'm going to attend an art group that i once visited at one of my local churches. I didn't attend after that, cos my aggraphobia was worse than it is now. I met some great friends there. Wonder if they still attend. Bye now