Sunday, 10 January 2010

SCD - New Year Gothic Arch

Yesterday I decided to join in with this week's ~{SCD}~ challenge. The theme for the month is Gothic Arches with this week's being New Year.

Once again I have used the BG Sugar Rush papers and the Cornish Heritage stamps that I have with me here. The only thing I used of Lucy's on this one was the colouring pencils and inkpad.


I've doodled the arch to within an inch of it's life to make it a funky one. Lucy did tell me it wasn't exactly gothic, but without my Distress Inks and stamps there's not much I can do about it!! I've just printed the words onto paper and inked the edges (badly). I've cut a couple of flowers and leaves from the BG papers too - all very fiddly without my tiddly scissors.

Joanne really did well choosing the bird stamps for me and there are more stamps to use, but it was birds all the way again here.

Kaz xx

18 comments:

kirsticoo said...

I love it even if its not too gothic...x

Di said...

It's fab Kaz, doesn't matter at all that it isn't that gothic :)

Janice said...

That's lovely. Surely it's the arch that is gothic in style rather than the decoration? Anyway it's great and I'm impressed by how you are managing to craft with so few supplies lol!

Carol said...

Kaz what a fabby arch - that stamp is adorable..... good ol' Lucy I'm presuming she knew about you using her stash this time!! lolxx

xx

tracy said...

i love your arch :)

Traceyr said...

No not gothic but I love it very much and those birds are so you Kaz. Loving the black and white square doodling round the arch and birds. x x

:)

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous piece the hope of a new year love it.

If you google Gothic Arch yours is the shape that comes up, did that because I was not sure of the shape either.

Sharon said...

I think this is beautiful and I wouldn't think the decoration has to be gothic....x

Abi Bundy said...

This is such a cute card!

Angelnorth said...

I think "gothic" refers to a particular arch shape, not a style so you can tell Lucy it fits the bill perfectly, even if it's not dark and brooding! So glad you're enjoying the birdie stamps, love the bit of paper piecing going on for the tail feathers there!

thekathrynwheel said...

Cute! I love it :-) Kate x

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is fabulous!

enjoy *~*

melody said...

oh..i'm lovin that doodled edging chickie ~ and those scrumptious lil birds! awesome arche! so glad you joined the challenge this week!

Laura said...

A very happy welcome to the New Year. Love the quirky happy birds. Great colours.
Thanks for playing at SCD.

Karen said...

Gorgeous as always my lovely XXX

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous colour combo of papers!
xoxo

humel said...

Oh - my - GOSH how I love this!! :-) Just beautiful x

Nishant said...

doesn't matter at all that it isn't that gothic :)

Work from home India