Wednesday, 13 January 2010

WOYWW - poor blind monkey

Another Wednesday away from home? Check.
Borrowing Lucy's stash? Check.
Been stash shopping and delivering here? Eeerrrrr ....... uummmm. Check. Ha!!

Well, I'm blaming Susie Sugar for having such scrummy flowers on her desk last Weds as I just had to get some for myself. And then there was a sale at Ribbon Oasis. Would be rude not to. So that explains the parcels on the table.

It's my friend Helen's birthday on the weekend, so I needed to make a card today for her. This'll be the second year running I've had to apologise for not having a pressie yet.

Most of the stuff on the right of the table is Lucy's and my stuff is on the left. I've got to get home shortly as I've only got 3 double pages left in my notebook and I'm lost without that as it's my memory!! It'll be a bit longer though as it's bloody snowed again, but I was due to be back to babysit next Friday anyway! Join in with the nosiness at ~{Julia's Blog}~.

I've finished the monkey, but he is a bit blind as I've not got any googly eyes here and you might recall I don't do sewn or felt eyes ~{very well}~


Lucy has requested a monkey for a friends birthday so that should keep me busy.

Here's the card I made using a CPS sketch. I don't like it very much as the whole greeting bit is not how i'd like it to be as I've had to cut the greeting from a naff stamp. All papers are BG Sugar Rush and the ribbon was in the sale (I stocked up on dotty ribbons - whoo), the flowers are ~{woldorchidcrafts}~


I'm still on the old laptop as I'm waiting for the free double your RAM offer .... they change offers every week, so please send them some vibes!

Kaz xxx

22 comments:

Wipso said...

Hi Kaz. I really love the monkey. Look forward to a photo of him looking back at me once the eyes are on :-)
Love the colours of your card too. Keep up the great work.
A x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh that's lovely stuff you've done with the BG...it's not fair you can be so creative away from your own desk! You'll need a van to get your stuff home at this rate! Sending erm, RAM vibes then....

Kay said...

Sending vibes for the double RAM. Love that BG card and the monkey is sooo cute.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Love the card Kaz :) I've got some of that spotty ribbon. Poor monkey, hope he get's his eyes soon ;)
Anne xx

Karen said...

er...I scrolled down very s l o w l y just in case there were any more ceased-to-be bunnies hahahahaha

Question.......are you going to replace Lucy's stash with interest then & was the naff stamp one you bought her and didn't like??? hahahaha

Awe monkey looks gorgeous, even tho he is blind!!! oooooo off to find some of those fabulous flowers now XXX

Kathy said...

All looking great Kaz! Love the look of your desk - it's all soooooo full of busy.

Kaz said...

Karen I've sorted out a load of flowers to give her from the order I got. And yes, the stamp was one I didn't like anymore!!

Suzie said...

Love the monkey Kaz, and that card is so pretty! Don't know what you're worrying about!

Linda Elbourne said...

I love that card ... but I can't stop ... just heard that Ribbon Oasis had a sale on and I did n't know ...

Sharon said...

I think your card is beautiful Kaz - I too get my flowers from Wild Orchid crafts - they are good value!

Di said...

What a beautiful card Kaz and I'm sending vibes about your lappy too x

Pam said...

Loving the monkey Kaz. Its hard not too see something on Susies desk that your really want isn't it!! Hugs Pam x

Susie Sugar said...

LOL that's right blame me for your over indulgence on flowers young lady !!! Lol
I must admit to looking at the ribbon sale but Garry caught me and reminded me I enough to go round the planet 10 times and threatened to turn off the Internet so I didn't buy any.
When reading the title about the poor blind monkey I did at first think you may be referring to me and my misreading of your last post about the SNOW bunny !! Lol
Your card looks lovely, for a moment I did wonder why you had the sentiment as Kaz @ slightly wonky, then realized it was the water mark ...I just knew I should have stayed in bed today !!!lol
Hugs your nutty mate Susie xx

Paula Gale said...

the card is great and I LOVE the ribbon - NEED some!!!

Paula xx

Nicks said...

Love your away from home desk, monkey and card.... you are one talented lady!

Linby said...

see you have got the essential there (cup of tea ;))
ribbon oasis eh - off to check that out. I got my swirly stamps from
www.123stitch.com
been after some for ages as everyone else seems to do a background flourish and I want to give it a go.
sending you mega vibes for the RAM
Linbyx

Chrissie said...

Beautiful card, brilliant monkey and too tidy craft space! Where's all the obligatory mess?
Chrissie

Angelnorth said...

Great card and I hope the monkey does not remain eyeless too long, he looks a bit scary!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

lol at monkey, looking good. That card is really beautiful. I love the blossoms :) TFS

Rosie said...

Ooooo the SPOTTY RIBBON! And the Basic Grey card! Your workspace looks interestingly messy, and that's a great book with the birdy on it.

Rein said...

What a cute monkey!

Nishant said...

Love the colours of your card too. Keep up the great work

Work from home India