Monday, 1 February 2010

2010 Calendar 365 Journal - January

Do you know, I can't believe it myself, but I have stayed up to date with a challenge that I have to do something for every day?

A few of us on the Bubblyfunk Forum have joined in with the 2010 Journal Challenge from TheKathrynWheel Blog. You just have to make a small entry each day and that's the only rules; it's up to each person to do what they want design wise. Then you leave a comment on Kate's blog and upload at the end of the month.

I've joined a few challenge things and just not kept up with them (last year it was Emily Falconbridges 52Questions - I did about 5!), but this one sounded fun and, as it's only a small bit to do each day, I thought I'd manage.

Of course, it didn't go as I'd planned, as I was stuck at Lynne's for most of January, so instead of neatly cut squares, I cut them freehand and wonky on purpose. Lucky for me that I have given Lucy a load of stuff over the years and could nab some papers etc. I did the pages themselves when I got home last week.


The base is slightly larger than A4 and has been made up using Distress Inks and water, a few stamps and some doodling. I already had some tiny die cut snowflakes which was handy for the days/weeks of snow! I also cut a few tiny flowers and letters and doodled on those to tie them in with the squares. Here's the first page in close up:


And here's the second page:


This is my favourite entry for January, for both the fab day we had and the Hero Art dog stamp. I didn't need to add any words for this day, but for those who don't know me, I went with my sister and her family to confirm which puppy was theirs from the breeder. It was such a lovely day that it needed to be emphasised by all the doodling around it - one good reason for not sticking the squares in beforehand.


This was another good few days, I finally got to visit Hazel, who lives so close to my sister and I got home for the first time this year!


The zzzzzzzzzzzz's represent the days where I am flaked out rather than just the normal knackeredness by the way!!

I have made the base pages for February too. I just keep adding more and more doodling each time I look at them so I really should stop otherwise there'll be no room for journalling!

I decided that I didn't want to go down the red/pink lovey dovey hearts etc., but I felt the page needed something extra so it got a big heart.


I haven't stuck the circles down, but just arranged them how they will be eventually.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has done!

Kaz xxx

20 comments:

Sharon said...

I love your pages Kaz!
I like the pastely effect of the colours chosen etc. Also like your doodling and of course the dogs!
x

Gez said...

Brilliant pages Kaz. Love the doggie one too. Lovely to see Hazel in there. :)

Your Feb pages look brilliant. Good Luck.XX

Karen said...

WOW this all looks amazing my lovely! XXX

Anesha said...

Wonderful pages, well done. Anesha

tracy said...

both very nice kaz :) i love the picture of the doggys:)

Traceyr said...

Oh Kaz those pages are gorgeous and so glad you have kept up and are continuing with this challenge.

Love the look of your February pages to.

:)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Kaz...x

CLARE said...

Love all your doodling. Good colours for Feb - its nice to be different

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Kaz..I'm breathless at your crafty loveliness nad green eyed at the success of your journal. It's gorgeous. You have to keep it up. It's the LAW.

thekathrynwheel said...

Lovely, lovely work :-) Congrats for finishing January and for getting Feb ready too! Love the circles - different!
Kate x

Carol said...

Kaz that looks fab! really love that style can't wait to see what next month looks like - wish I'd started on it now!xx

Wipso said...

Wow. I really love these pages. Well done you.
A x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Fabulous...love the dogs :) :)....February is looking good :)

kirsticoo said...

Both your months are beautiful... I especially like the little embellishments scattered throughout...

Thank you for your lovely comments on my pages... I don't have teenagers (yet).. the oldest is 10 and the youngest is 4 with two inbetween...lol..xoxo

Sandra Hall said...

Great pages! I like your colour choice for February and the circle journal blocks too.

muckypup said...

Looks good, and I like the circles - why not? Maybe egg shapes for April.....?

Amanda said...

I love the fact that all your squares are a slightly different shape and size. The little pictures are such a nice touch and February is looking great already. Thanks for your comments :)

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Hazel said...

This is fabaroo, Kaz - and awwww that I've got a mention - I hope you'll be able to come and see us again soon. I love the slight irregularity of your squares for January - after all, you are called 'slightly wonky crafting'! x

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.