Thursday, 11 March 2010

Happy Birthday Lucy.

Today it's my youngest niece's birthday and she's 11!! How did that happen?

Anyways I made her a cow card as she wants to have 2 when she's older. One will be called Daisy and the other Betsy-Lou. And I don't doubt her either. So I used this lovely cow stamp by Penny Black that I got in the sale in January for this very purpose. The thing is, I forgot and bought another dog stamp. D'oh.


I bought Lucy this:

and I got one for me too. It's a fab journal that encourages you to draw in it, rip pages out and basically demolish it using prompts on each page. You can also decorate it as you go along on other pages. I've started mine and Lucy and I are going to compare pages. She was very pleased with it.

Kaz xx

11 comments:

Karen said...

hahahahaha I love those cows honey!!!!

ooo where did you get that journal from???

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY....ALL THE BEST PEOPLE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TODAY! xxx

Kirsti said...

I know how does that happen - my son (who is eldest) is 11 in about 5 weeks and I have no idea where those 11 years have gone...

Cows are ace - we have a thing about them in our house too as you can probably tell from my blog name...lol... youngest who is 4 wants to be a farmer when she grows up - not a farmers wife but a farmer... enjoy the journal...xoxo

Janice said...

What a fab present Kaz - oh and one for yourself too, what a surprise hee hee! Oh and that stamp just dropped into your basket did it? Yeah right, you can't fool us!

Love your cow card, so cute. My calves should be arriving soon, you can send Lucy up to look after them (bullocks though, not cows).

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic cow card, and Happy Birthday Lucy! The journal looks like a fun idea, hope the two of you enjoy comparing the results!

Kathy said...

I love that card!

Happy Birthday Lucy

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh great gift Kaz - you're sucha cool Aunt. Love the cows. I have a couple too, teeny ones and I use them a silly amount!

Gez said...

Oh wow fab card Kaz. :) Lucy will love her journal. I have one too! I'm not sure about taking it in the shower tho! hehe... taking it for a walk was great fun.

Enjoy your journals.xx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY ♥♥♥

Hazel said...

I'm sure Lucy loved these. Happy Birthday, Lucy (sorry it's so late in the day!) x

tracy said...

that card is fab,i love it :)
the journal looks fun too-have fun with it both of you :)

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Lucy - hope you had a great Day! love the card and that journal looks very interesting. xx

Traceyr said...

Brilliant card Kaz.

I fancied that book too when I have some spare cash.

Let us know how you get on with it.

:)