Monday, 22 March 2010

I've only gone and finished it!

My retreat journal that is. I've only been making it since last May! I did the pages themselves first and printed the photos, but I seem to have some sort of allergy against sticking photos into journals. I just freak out as I don't do scrapping and sticking photos in is scrapping in my book. It has sat in a drawer for months, but I took the journal with me to Lynne's last week and got stuck into it.

Sadly, during the week I broke the 'h' of friendship, which is a Maya Rd chip word and I need to do a bit of repairing.


Since I got home I've been punching circles and sticking them on, just to finish off.



I had all sorts of ideas about putting the photos onto card that was folded and tied into the journal somehow, but when it came down to it I just made pockets and used that instead. If I hadn't, I would have been and returned from this year's retreat.


It was such a good weekend last year and I'm really looking forward to May again.



If you look at the above photo, you can see that we did actually manage to do some crafting as well as gossiping and eating; and you can see the huge table we used.

The pages are Teresa Collins and then I cut some thick card into shape to make it a fat and messy journal, just my style! I think the patterned paper is MME.


I was completely surprised and happy yesterday to see that my Stampotique chick card made it into the top 3 for the Spring has Sprung Challenge!! That type of thing doesn't happen to me - but I am chuffed it did this time.

Kaz xxx

17 comments:

Janice said...

Big congrats on your top three place with Stampotique - woo hoo! Well deserved too.

Also well done on finishing your journal, it's lovely. Scrapping is just like making a card only instead of a stamped image you use a photo - does that make it seem easier?

Traceyr said...

Well deserved on the Stampotique Challenge place Kaz. :clapping:

As for the journal - you have made a wonderful job of it Kaz. I shall look forward to having a goog look through it this May.

Are you making one for this year?

Angelnorth said...

Oh, your journal looks fantastic (even if you did feel like you were being backed into scrappers corner with the photos!). I love the circle thing going on and your trademark doodling. Congrats on the Stampotique top three, not surprised though - it was a fab card!

Kirsti said...

Gorgeous!!!...xxx

Linby said...

well done on the top three - that card certainly deserved it. Love that you finished your journal - it looks great, love that teal colour.
Linbyx

Linby said...

well done on the top three - that card certainly deserved it. Love that you finished your journal - it looks great, love that teal colour.
Linbyx

Gez said...

Woohoo Congratulations Kaz. Very well deserved.xx
It's those long legs you know! ;)
Ooooh your retreat journal looks fab. Love the colours & your scrumptious ribbons. :) Just a bit worried about the monkees in the bushes. :)
Gez.xx

tracy said...

thats really beatuiful kaz :)

Wipso said...

What a lovely journal. I love the colour you've used and all the designing. Very clever.
A x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Wooohooo well done you, I can about manage a layout from my last retreat not a journal. Beautiful journal too, congrats

Angie said...

I really do not know why I have missed commenting ...infact I've totally missed your blog ...not sure how ...even WOYWW when I check everyone ????? Now I follow and will NOT miss any more.

Love the journal ... tweetie is quirky cute ....and that is great new header xx

Karen said...

oooo well I never!!! Yuo have finished it at last and it was so worth the wait hon....its fantastic!!! I love the shapees you have used & the colour is you of course!!!

Well done with your card, like Gez said...its the legs hahaha HUGS XXX

Kathy said...

Wow! it looks wonderful Kaz, what a fab job you've done here. I do understand what you mean about the photos - it's not easy, is it?

Bernie said...

gorgeous album - well done on over coming your fear of scrapping, LOL!!
Bernie x

humel said...

Love the colours! And all the details - it's beautiful :-)

Sue said...

Oooh lovely journal Kaz, at least I have some idea now of what is expected of me come May.
I can't begin to compete with yours though, haven't even got a photo ready yet!
Sue x

Sarita said...

This is amazing Kaz! it is really cool and funky and perfect for storing your treasured pics.
Fab fab work,
Love Sarita xx