Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Kathy's March Sketch

It feels a bit odd today as it's the first week since I gave up the Tuesday slot for Bubbly Scrumptious and I've not had to write anything up or check that I've posted it ok. Instead, I made mum's card for Mother's Day using the latest sketch on ~{Kathy's Sketch Blog}~


I've used Paperbag Studio stamps for the focus - these have to be my fave at the moment as they are appearing on quite a few things. And talking of fave stamps, I had a parcel arrive today with 3 new Stampotique stamps. I know I shouldn't have bought them as my poor credit card may be on it's last legs, but as soon as I saw these two girls I knew I had to have them. I also got a boy stamp. I've removed Prom Queen from the bookmark I made last week and added them instead. I love the way if you looked quickly at the one on the right you'd think she was wearing such a pretty dress and then you catch the creepy maniac grin. Her name is Karin too!!

Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Karen said...

LMAO!!! What do you mean 'she's called Karin too' hahahahaha, I think she is very sweet !!!

I love the stamps you used on your Mums card...the whole thing is very your Mum too I would think. Sending you Karin hugs XXX

Anesha said...

Love the card, great use of colour and white space. Anesha :)

Traceyr said...

Loving your new stamps especially the ones on your mum's card. :)

Julia Dunnit said...

I love your interpreatation of Kathy's sketch, gorgeous card. Those Stampotique...I love 'em, but really, they're awful too!

Kathy said...

Kaz, your Mum's day card is fab - such a gorgeous soft image and the other three flowers work perfectly with it. Thanks for using the
Sketch File to make it

Love your Stampotiques too - not sure I'd know what to do with them myself so I'll just enjoy seeing all the fab and funky things you do with them - always fab!

Angelnorth said...

Great card for your mum, fab take on the sketch! The new stamps are looking very funky, love that manic grin! :haha:

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous MD card and I just love those new Stampotique stamps...neeeed those lots :O)

Janice said...

Those are cool stamps Kaz. Your Mum is going to be very happy.

Roben-Marie said...

Beautiful Mother's Day Card!

Hazel said...

Beautiful card for your mum - one of my fav colours - she'll love it x

Carol said...

FAB - I totally love the Mothers Day card - great sketch and such an elegant card xx

Sophie LaFontaine said...

Best bookmark EVER!!!