Friday, 5 March 2010

Stampotique Challenge

I've actually done some crafting to blog! I've been taking it easy/sorting my craft room in equal measures and am just about getting there - although I haven't tackled 2 cupboards still. I'm scared to open them so I'll work up to that.

I've joined in the latest challenge on the ~{Stampotique Challenge}~ blog, which is to use the colours rose, yellow and mossy green. I love Stampotique stamps, especially the Daniel Torrente ones. These are so much more 'me' than the cutesy Magnolia style and I seem to be building up a collection of them *whispers* I have 3 of the new designs ordered.

I made myself a new notebook - well actually I made 2 as the first one disappeared into the possession of my little magpie:



When I made the second one, I couldn't be bothered with the BIA and ribbons etc so I've had to make a bookmark for it to find this week's lists and the colour scheme goes with the book. On the one side I've cut the heads from the stamps and added a touch of B60 Copic with a tiny bit of W1 to their faces and coloured the hair with G21.

The background of the bookmark has been painted with acrylic dabbers, then stamped and gessoed washed and finished off with some Peeled Paint distress ink and doodling.



The other side has been made the same, but this time I just did Prom Queen as she's my favourite at the mo, although her hair is a bugger to cut!



Kaz xxx

21 comments:

tracy said...

those are great stamps :)
i love your book :)

Wipso said...

Love the cards but the dog is just gorgeous :-)
A x

Karen said...

Do I-Spy the new crafting one on the front Kaz???? I love this set...no...actually I think I need it hahahaha HUGS XXX

Anesha said...

Wonderful pieces, love the book. Anesha

Kathy said...

Fab stuff, Kaz. You've got a lot more patience than I have - cutting out the hair would have driven me nuts!

Angelnorth said...

I bet her hairdresser says just the same thing :haha: These are fab, love the muted colours and the collection of just the faces looks great!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Brilliant!! So pleased you are getting into the Stampotique range too and building up your collection. Great photo of your daughter too :0)

Carol Q said...

fab. love your creations.

Linby said...

I've never really "got" these stamps but your designs may be winning me over - I like the one with scissors. You've done a great job.
Linbyx

Julia Dunnit said...

They are in the eye of the beholder, but I must say that in your hands, these images are marvellous Kaz.. Love the book.

Carol said...

Wow Kaz these are gorgeous - just adore that bookmark....Lucy looks lovely with Jess like that - what a great picture xx

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, what a great set that you made!! Love them all, thanks for joining us this week at Stampotique!

Traceyr said...

Wonderful Kaz love the green tones in the last one. Lucky Lucy strikes another scoop - haha!

:)

Gez said...

Oooh wow Kaz. Fabby creations. :-D I do love these stamps but unfortunately have to wait for my birthday in June! :( Love what you have done with them & your backgrounds are awesome. Defo lucky Lucy!

Have a great weekend. Hugs, Gez.xx

AngelaC said...

Fab work - I love the muted colours in the backgrounds!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Kaz and I love those stamps too. Lovely photo of Lucy and Jess too...x

Paula said...

excellent creations!

Janice said...

You've won me over to these scary creatures too. I did manage to use the Stitch stamp on one of the Scrapbook pages I did for Andrew, it will be showing a blog near you soon!

Love what you did with the background and how you've used the stamps. Great photo of your 'little angel' and the 'little devil' - you choose which is which lol!

Kirsti said...

Ooh Kaz... these are my new favourite stamps too but so far not been able to but any...love the things you have done with them.. Think my favourite stamp is Moth Fab - I just love her hair...xoxo

clare's craftroom said...

I love your books no wonder the magpie wanted one .

Hazel said...

Wow! you have been busy - fabby (sorry I haven't visited for a while) x