Wednesday, 31 March 2010

WOYWW - showing my drawers

It's getting messy again thank goodness (sorry to the neater ones) I think I can't really get away from being the untidy moo I was as a child. Mind you, I've not been doing a great deal of crafting this last week, but the painting is good for doing little and often.

I've started making the journal for this year's retreat in May so that I don't have one hanging around for a year this time and I'm painting some of the pages. I'm using another Tando ring binder, but I'm only planning to use a couple of the chipboard pages this time. The binder is on the far left and these are some of the paper pages I'm making - I've finished the page of tools and stash to take.

I think it was Tracey who asked about the girl last week. She was given to me by Lucy and you can record a message on her. When I press the hands I hear Lucy saying 'love you Kaz' and it makes me aaawww everytime I do it!

I'm swinging around to show Janice that the chair is still able to be a chair. The pages are the start of April's 365 Journal and are on my 'spraying tray'.


Finally, here are the drawers that have my patterned papers in. I'm a sucker for papers, love them and can't stop buying them so I have one drawer for single papers and the other for collections and kits. I'm planning to sort them at some point. Hhhmmm not sure when though.


So if you've enjoy being nosey, head over to ~{Julia's Blog}~ where there will be a long list of other nosey peeps all willing to show you what they are making at the mo.

If you want to see what all the flowers were for last week, look at the next post.

Kaz xxx

29 comments:

Ann said...

Those papers are gorgeous. It's going to be a beautiful album. As for your drawers, I'll come and sort them out for you - I love stroking patterned papers!

Wipso said...

I love the colours you're using for the album...my favs
A x

Anesha said...

Wow, love your pages. Makes me want to get my paints out and get messy! Anehsa

Cardarian said...

I love your projects I wish I knew how to do that sort of stuff! Yay another sucker for paper...and I like yours too! Also the ones you made yourself! Lovely!
Cardarian

Janice said...

Your pages look fab and I'm glad to see your chair is being used for a good purpose! Still able to be sat in though ;)

Gez said...

Your pages are looking FAB Kaz. :)
Just love Jessie's album too.xx

Lots of loveliness on your bloggie. Hugs, Gez.xx

Karen said...

ooo I love those Retreat pages!!!!! I must get started on mine soon. HUGS XXX

Linby said...

busy busy on your desk. love all your papers in those drawers they look scrummy.
Linbyx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's not too untidy. Lovely pages, nice to get inky and painty hehe. Thanks for showing the drawers - not enough time to sort the papers, just leave them ;)

Cardarian said...

Thank you soo much on your tips for coloring - just one question - what kind of colors do you use as a base - acrilic???
Cardarian

Linby said...

Hi again Kaz-I would hate to take the credit for something I didn't do. If you mean the butterfly nearest printed on with some images, it is actually from the Sharon Duncan cd - so it is she who has used the image to create the butterfly thanks for thinking I could be so clever though!
hugs
Linbyx

Paula Gale said...

lovely look at your drawers Kaz... missed last week and usually you're at your sisters aren't you (forgive me if i've imagined that)... its the drugs !!

lovely to see that your in the throws of a few projects. and the album of jessie is soooo sweet.

Paula x x x

Julia Dunnit said...

You are incredibly creative Kaz gal, really ove the things you do. And also very quietly (I'm whispering) I think you are probably the tidiest messy crafter I've ever had the pleasure of meeting!

thekathrynwheel said...

Ha ha! I love a messy desk! Looking forward to seeing your calendar pages :-)

Hels Sheridan said...

Loving all those pages..and thank you for asking after AlfieCat..just got news from the vet..he is ok, phew, and I can collect him after 4pm...yippeeee x

Sandra said...

oohhh your desk is looking like fun :)

Twiglet said...

Love that doggie album - it is just perfect. You are really creative.

Linda Elbourne said...

Messy? You call that messy? I call it creative and full of gorgeousness ... I love your backgrounds missy and your drawers are mighty fine too ... but then I knew they would be ... you strike me as that type of girl *winks*

Vicki said...

ooh i love your journal - it's fab xxx

Helen said...

I have way too many papers (if such a thing exists) I think they're taking over the flat...

Mandy - Crafty Angel said...

love your desk this week! looks sooooo creative!! you have inspired me to get my paints out!

{{hugs}}mandyxx

Mandy - Crafty Angel said...

there is a surprise for you on my blog...its not an award.....and dont feel you have to use it, cos yours is perfect...thought you would like it! :)

Angelnorth said...

Lots yumminess going on - those painted pages look fantastic!

Hazel said...

Love all the busy-ness and gorgeousness - and awwww to the message from Lucy x

Angie said...

What a busy desk ...not one bit untidy ....just full of creativity

Kas said...

Kaz-
Oh, just came across you site. LOVE IT. Love those mindful creatures at the top!!

- Kas

butlersabroad said...

I love paper too. I also love ribbon, and inks and stamps and and and...! Hope you get some crafting time over Easter.

Brenda

Kathy said...

I'm stunned! The chair could be actually sat upon!
Everything looking very very busy here, Kaz and the painting stuff looks interesting - I'll look forward to seeing the end product

Cher~ said...

Love all the color and I am such a paper addict too! :-)