Wednesday, 10 March 2010

WOYWW - you'll think you're looking at someone elses space

It's been a few weeks since I joined in with ~{WOYWW}~ so I thought it's about time I showed what I've been up to. My desk is looking remarkably tidy this week:


Do you remember ~{this mess}~?

Well, I just went for it and bought the storage unit so I've been busy tidying and sorting and this is as far as I've got:


Unbe-blinking-lievable isn't it? I can sit on my comfy chair now, something that I know Janice has been very concerned about!! So far I've just sorted a few bits into the boxes so I could get things tidy and now I need to work out what's going into where. I've been struggling to find where I've put things though. I still have to sort the 2 Cupboards of Doom, but I'm too scared at the mo.

The unit is from our old favourite, Ikea and I also bought the clear baskets and the shelves at the same time. The black and white storage boxes are also Ikea - lots of you have mentioned them before. Their name is Malla if you want to have a look. The pink drawer sets are by Wilkinsons and I have plans to tart them up at some point. I've sorted the flowers into colours and started making tags just because I want to and I'm in the midst of untangling the mess of ribbons so they go into colours too - very anal I know but I'm hoping it'll help me keep it tidier. Hhmm I give it a couple of weeks.


I'm still waiting to hear from the Council about the grant for the damp proofing - so that's why I just went ahead and got the shelves as I'm still on the 'to be looked at' list and goodness knows how long it'll take, and that's before going on the 'waiting for the work to be done' list. I'm off to my sister's again as dad needs to do a bit more remedial work on the living room wall to keep it at bay and looking ok. I'd be lost without my dad's help. So of course this means that there will be a few more Jessie photos appearing on my blog.

Don't forget to visit ~{Julia's blog}~ so you can have a virtual rummage through other peoples stash and nobody will tell you off for beingnosey, we invite you in!

Kaz xxxx

26 comments:

tkelli said...

Oh I love it! It really does look like a different desk! Perhaps this will give me the inspiration I need to start organizing my mess. HA!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Bloody hell woman! That ain't the same room, surely!?

Good luck with the council sweetie... long live procrastination!

xxx

airing cupboard crafts said...

All I can say is WOW it looks completely different!!! Would you like to come and sort mine for me too lol xx

Hazel said...

I am soooo impressed, Kaz - I love all the shelving and boxes etc. The unit is fantastic with all it's little cubbie holes - like somewhere to keep the BIA. Those clear boxes for the flowers are super. I've never been to IKEA - there isn't one near enough and I don't drive - I feel I'm missing out - lol! x

Karen said...

WOW...you room is looking gorgeous my lovely!!! I love that its all colour co-ordinated BUT.....its far too tidy hahahaha, HUGS XXX

Gez said...

Oooh it's all looking lovely Kaz. :) Have a fab time at Lynne's.xx Please give Jessie a BIG squodge from me.XXX

Linda Elbourne said...

I Love it ... love the shelves ... love the storage ... just love it ... don't touch a thing .... keep it like that .... forever ... I totally love it ... now come do mine :0)

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh man that looks great! And your chair - huge! Look, if my pathetic, non-scientific sorting of my scrap box into basic colours can be so successful, believe me, the time you put in now will be worth it - and OMG - look at how gorgeous it all looks! And you'll get to know where things are eventually. After its driven you nuts for a couple of months!! Great WOYWW. Give Jessie a hug from us!

Vicki said...

ooh that unit is fabulous, and your desk - so clean!!! it's fab xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Well done Caz :) I find it difficult to decide what to put where. Ooh all those lovley buttons and beads (are they?) and all colour co-ordinated.
Anne xx

Twiglet said...

Another lovely crafting area. So neat and carefully organised.

Helen said...

Those jars and tubs look great! I'd love to be able to be that organised...

Helen said...

Those jars and tubs look great! I'd love to be able to be that organised...

Wipso said...

Wow thats all sooooooo tidy. Think you need to do some serious messing up now :-)
A x

Pam said...

How fab is this! It looks great. Hugs Pam x

Net said...

Tut tut Kaz! How could you post a tidy photo!

I think I need to call round while you're at Lynnes.....

June said...

Oh Kaz what a beautiful tidy craft space. You make me jealous lol.
by the way, i now give freebies on tuesdays and wednesdays at my other blog if you want them. Just thought i would mention it so you dont miss out http://dezinaworld.blogspot.com/
Hugs June xxxx

Yvonne said...

Oh love your new way of storing.. esp with all the beautiful colours lined up x

Cardarian said...

Sooo tidy!! Ah it looks like a laboratory! Lovely!
Cardarian

Janice said...

I'm coming to sit in your chair while you are away Kaz! Looks fab now, wonder how long that will last ;)

Angie said...

your area is so attractive ... and tidy ...wow

Carol said...

wow how tidy?

Question is:- how do you reach those boxes so high up?

xx

Traceyr said...

Fabulous Kaz well done you on the massive sort out and more power to your elbow for the "cupboards of doom!!" haha

Aren't Dads wonderful - sometimes? :)

The Inky Minx said...

oh super tidy, and i'm loving your new unit and all your colour coded treats.. the nearest i have to that sort of organisation is a colour sorted eyelet/gromlit case :P
minxy x

Angelnorth said...

All the new storage is looking fabulous, hope the organised style doesn't cramp your creativity! (my excuse is that I create best with chaos!)

butlersabroad said...

It's brilliant! Love it, absolutely love it. I'd be eating my breakfast, lunch and dinner in that chair if that was my room, I wouldn't want to leave it!

Brenda