Friday, 16 April 2010

Create hanging

I've been a very naughty girl. I nearly passed out in shock at the total on my credit card last month and wrote myself a note in my notebook not to buy anything. And I was good. For about 4 days. But it's not my fault, it's Tim's. His die cuts started to arrive in the UK and I had to have some. I said I was only getting the flowers, but they were very late so I got the swirls. Then I got one of the edgers. Then the labels and the strip of letters. Then finally, the flowers came in stock. Soo to make myself feel better, like I got them for a purpose and not just because, I made something with some of them.



I've not used the swirls or the edger, but have used the others on this. It's painted swirly grungeboard as the base, with 'create' cut with the letters. The 'art' is foam letters painted and edged. I've used a lot of glossy accents on the flowers and added metal bead spacers in the centres and metal connectors with the loops cut off. I got the metal off etsy. The bottom beads were given to me by Lynne, I think they fell off something or she found them, not sure which but when she offered it, I nearly snatched her fingers off!

Now I just need to use the other bits to prove I needed them too!

Kaz xxx

15 comments:

Gez said...

YOU NEED THEM KAZ!! so we can see more of your AWESOME creations. :o))
Love your wall hanging. Great colours & oooh so pretty.
Have a great weekend. Hugs, Gez.xx

Artyjen said...

Heck! I need them and I don't have a die cut machine LOL! Don't know how you could refuse :) great hangind piece
xoxo

airing cupboard crafts said...

Kaz it's gorgeous!!! I love what you have done with his stuff can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your purchases xx

Janice said...

I like that Kaz. Nice dies, lovely colour, great job girl!

Traceyr said...

Wow, wow and double wow. Kaz I think you have earned those goodies by doing that with them! This is fantastic and you should send Tim a photo and see what he thinks as it is superb.

btw Where did you get those foam letters they are really cute?

:)

Anesha said...

Love this hanger,beautiful colours and such wonderful details. Anesha

thekathrynwheel said...

LOVE this! You obviously NEED those Tim Holtz bits! You're worth it! Kate x

Julia Dunnit said...

The hanging is gorgeous. And I live in a glass house so am not about to throw a stone. 4 days! Impressive!

Karen said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!! This is sooo gorgeous my lovely! But now I want them too hahaha XXX

Hazel said...

Now I've seen what you've done I want them even more! Just think, you would have deprived us of seeing such a lovely creation if you hadn't decided to spend ... x

Sarita said...

What a beautiful piece Kaz, it really is stunning work.
I know the feeling of over spend on stash..crafting is soo addictive it should come with a health warning!
Love Sarita xx

Angelnorth said...

Credit cards are there for a purpose ;o) Fab piece, love the porcelain look of the flowers with the GA coating!

Cardarian said...

Love your piece of art....the stuff you bought - well worth maxing out the credit cards!
Hugs
Cardarian

Sue said...

oh that is a beautiful piece Kaz. So glad you decided to spend your money.
Sue x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous!!

Where did you buy Tim's new stuff from?