Monday, 26 April 2010

New toolbox

A little while ago I made a toolbox out of a washing powder box like ~{Tracey}~ had made, but I must be very heavy handed as it started falling apart, so I thought it was time to update. I got one of these as part of a birthday present and I'd already got one myself from Wilkinsons with the aim of altering it.


I've taken the drawers out of one, put it on it's back and attacked it with gesso, acrylic paints, more gesso, distress inks and stamps. I also put black card inside the recesses as I tried to gesso it and it went all manky!

I've used loads of stamps and bits of stamps to decorate it. There are Paperartsy, Penny Black, Hero Arts, Paperbag Studios and probably a few more - the desk was covered in stamps while I chose them (sorry Julia, I should have taken a photo for you to look at)!


It's much more solid that the previous one so I'm hoping it'll last a bit longer.


It sits very nicely on the desktop and, as it's not so high, I'm hoping I'll be able to see what I'm after quicker.


But just how many pens or scissors is classed as too many??

Kaz xx

18 comments:

Karen said...

You can never have too many pens & scissors honey!!! WOW what a transformation...bet you had fun doing this one, it looks fabulous!!! Now...I am loving that seed head stamp in the last picture...where is it from????
Of course you still have the drawers you can tart up too, HUGS XXX

tracy said...

very nice kaz :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Genius idea Kaz - and as always, brilliantly executed - would e really happy to have that on my table. Over filled and over flowing it would be. I'm with Karen - no such thing as too many!! Let you off not photo-ing the stamps, happily distracted by the images you used!

Julia Dunnit said...

Genius idea Kaz - and as always, brilliantly executed - would e really happy to have that on my table. Over filled and over flowing it would be. I'm with Karen - no such thing as too many!! Let you off not photo-ing the stamps, happily distracted by the images you used!

Julia Dunnit said...

Genius idea Kaz - and as always, brilliantly executed - would e really happy to have that on my table. Over filled and over flowing it would be. I'm with Karen - no such thing as too many!! Let you off not photo-ing the stamps, happily distracted by the images you used!

Julia Dunnit said...

Genius idea Kaz - and as always, brilliantly executed - would e really happy to have that on my table. Over filled and over flowing it would be. I'm with Karen - no such thing as too many!! Let you off not photo-ing the stamps, happily distracted by the images you used!

Julia Dunnit said...

O look at that! Sorry Kaz..no idea why......promise it's not because I like the look of my own voice!

Sue said...

Very useful idea Kaz. Loving your collection of stamps you've used on it.
Sue x

Kirsti said...

Hey Kaz I love what you have done with your boxes - they are perfick!!!

Angelnorth said...

I reckon 2987 would probably just tip it over the "too many" mark ;o) The new storage looks fab, love the way you've combined all those stamps!

Wipso said...

That is just so pretty and so useful. Well done.
A x

Linby said...

what a great idea - love the way you decorated it.
Linbyx

Janice said...

You can NEVER have too many Kaz lol! Love those stamps and the colours you have chosen are so pretty.

Traceyr said...

Great "tarting up" there Kaz. Perfect for the job! Now what are you going to do with those drawers????? mmmmmmmmmmm

:)

airing cupboard crafts said...

I love what you have done with it!! The colours together are beautiful xx

trinketz said...

so neat, I love it what a brilliant idea x

Gez said...

STUNNING Kaz. You have done a FAB job. Enjoy..xx
I am the proud owner of one of your boxes & it's holding up fine!
Hope you made it to Lynne's. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Gez.xx

Kathy said...

Oh Kaz, I do love this - what a brilliant idea.
I love the colours and the stamping - a bit different from your usual style, I think - reminds me a little of the sort of stamping Rein (stampingrika) does, which is so eclectic and clever